• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Cool old school planes??

Bipeguy03

150cc
+1 on the Skybolt. I was lucky enough to purchase a built Great Planes Skybolt RTF with an OS91 4-Stroke from a LHS that was closing for $100.00. Had it for almost a year until the day I was flying it and lost the connection between my brain and my fingers..........:cryin:. If I'm not Larry Katona @ PCK sells a 1/4 scale Skybolt kit, but I don't know if it's suitable for a 50cc gas engine.

Hey Bipeguy, Good luck with your Skybolt. I hope you can remove enough weight from your kit to make the electric conversion workable.
The Hostetler Skybolt would be a great choice for a 50-60cc. I have one of them also, My grandfather built it in the early 80's. Pretty sure PCK sells kits for his plans.

I'm trying, and I'm wearing out the dremel sanding drums trying to get the Sig Bolt lighter!

I want the original Goldberg aerobatic trio. Extra 300, Ultimate, Super Chipmunk. Engineer a battery access hatch and go .90 or 1.20 electric.

Last edited:

SleepyC

150cc
DR-107 ONE DESIGN!
DR7 One Design.jpg

Bipeguy03

150cc
I want the original Goldberg aerobatic trio. Extra 300, Ultimate, Super Chipmunk. Engineer a battery access hatch and go .90 or 1.20 electric.
+1!!!! I have a CG Ultimate, and have another kit in the box for a rainy day. I also have a CG Sukhoi that I'm contemplating pulling the Super Tigre 2300 out of to put in a DLE 30. I had a CG Chipmunk but unfortunately it didn't survive me :( I never had the Extra, but I know it was a great flying bird!

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry

Sleepy if memory serves me.....The "ONE" Started the "specific" 3D design trend plan form in which names like Patrick, Carden, Godfrey and others emulated. The Staudaucher 300 appeared about then too and was derived from the One Design.
If any inaccuracies I apologize. Just flashing back.staudaucher.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Thanks. The Pitts was a stinker to beat! But not the best 3D airframe for modeling. Of course we know the old farts I mentioned went to Ultimates, Extras, and Caps to achieve their 3D designs.
Was it Bob Dively models that did a 25% One Design??? that could harrier and tumble really well???