• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Covering Contest/Pilot 40% 122" Extra 330SC

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I really like the pearl metallics, but cannot picture any covering coming very close at all. Hard to duplicate because of the layering that is involved with pearls. Your base coats have a lot to do with the finish look and they look different at different angles of light.
I have used most of the Ultracote pearls, they are real nice, close enough for me anyway.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp

SAFA-APS_Extra_Pic-Web.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I was thinking that as well. It's a brilliant and bold scheme, but it's not loud and obnoxious. I was thinking the only way to get that color transition would be painting the plane. Or, special covering. I'm having a hard enough time as it is locating the proper colors for the most favorite schemes. All I need is one more challenge to push me over the edge. Lol. Ah, but that challenge is yet to come. Trying...."TRYING" to pick only one scheme from all these beautiful photos everyone has posted. That is going to be very challenging in itself.

Oh wow....tomorrow is the day. Crap...just shoot me now and get it over with. Lol
View attachment 100965
Don’t care who shoots him but I not FIRST rights to all the red heads. I have called it.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Good morning everyone. I would like to take this opportunity to wish each and every one of you a safe and prosperous New Year. May all the happiness you all seek, find it's way to your door steps in great abundance! You're all the best!

I will be selecting a scheme later so there is still time gents. Surely someone can add to my already mounting pressure of selecting one of these awesome schemes.

Let's see them guys.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I think we are all tapped out, there are a lot out there but only a few are great and I belive you have just about the best that Is a available. The big problem I would have is that there are at least three that I would love to do and would be hard pressed to those one but to copy it would be almost impossible for me to even copy it. I could paint it, but would never be able to get the colour mixed right to match the original. This is what would make it very difficult for me pick one that I belive I could copy but not my favourite. I wish you luck I sure that most of us wish that we lived just down the road from @Jetpainter boy would we all be pain in the butt to him asking him to help us out.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Good morning everyone. I would like to take this opportunity to wish each and every one of you a safe and prosperous New Year. May all the happiness you all seek, find it's way to your door steps in great abundance! You're all the best!

I will be selecting a scheme later so there is still time gents. Surely someone can add to my already mounting pressure of selecting one of these awesome schemes.

Let's see them guys.
Okay Rob, just remember you asked for it. ;)

My favorites are the first one and the last one.

41-chcy.jpg
41-ppsg.jpg
31-chcg.jpg
krm-e330lx-37-spin-yw.jpg
krm_330lx_37-gbm.jpg
gbm-rg.jpg
37-spin.jpg
krm-e330lx-37-gbm-rga.jpg