• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Covering Contest/Pilot 40% 122" Extra 330SC

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
@stangflyer, have you thought about using a projector for sizing and cutting? I find one to be very beneficial in this hobby. Any photo, pic, or image can be projected to any surface then sized to fit, and drawn, marked, or cut out.
I have not. How would I go about doing that? And where would I acquire such an animal?

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I have not. How would I go about doing that? And where would I acquire such an animal?
I bought one from Best buy. The projector can be connected to a PC for image loading, I use a HDMI cable. For cutting patterns such as you are going to do I would set it up pointing to a wall, hook up to the PC, adjust the image size to fit the w/s, fuse length, etc. Then either place the covering on the wall or, my favorite way, use paper to cut the patterns from the sized image. Once you get the images sized save them so you can go back to them if need be without resizing. Some projectors have the ability to store the image and size it, mine don't, it simply projects it. All depends on how much you want to spend and or do. I like doing it from my lap top.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I loaned mine out so I can't post anything with it. But I did find a pic, on Best Buy's site, where someone did. It is actually better than this pic.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 418

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
That is the great thing about a projector, your only limited to what your willing to do. I have a roll of 4' wide paper and occasionally the granddaughter has me project one of her cartoonish characters so she can color it life sized. She has yet to finish one though, just to big, lol.
I will be getting mine back next weekend, if you want to see anything about it just let me know.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
That is the great thing about a projector, your only limited to what your willing to do. I have a roll of 4' wide paper and occasionally the granddaughter has me project one of her cartoonish characters so she can color it life sized. She has yet to finish one though, just to big, lol.
I will be getting mine back next weekend, if you want to see anything about it just let me know.

That's awesome. Thank you.