• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Covering???

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
That's funny,

My biggest obstacle is the fact that it would probably cost me more to ship the plane to you and return ship it than you would charge to cover it.

Take care
David

Robbins

Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)
Heat it up. Start in a bay or find a corner to start. Use a dull xacto for getting under seams without cutting. If youre pulling up fibers of wood slow down the pulling. Use plenty of heat dont be shy with it. but be careful around foam. Use a sharp xacto to section off large aeras. I have just stripped a hangar9 27% extra and recovered it with good results. Ill start a thread on that next.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Jlc,

This may sound obvious, but it depends on how well the covering was applied and how long it's been stuck to the wood.......:confused:. While I haven't had allot of experience in covering planes, I've stripped the covering off my share of airplanes. One trick I've found is applying some heat to the covering while you remove it, helps soften up the glue again and the covering comes up easier. Of course you're going to get some advice from other guys on here that are far more experienced than I am, but I thought I'd pass this along. Have fun..................:rolleyes:

Ooops, I guess I type too slow. Robbins beat me to the punch..........LOL

David

Robbins

Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)
Try not to gouge or ding the sheeting or you will need drywall compound and a sanding block :(

Jlc

70cc twin V2
Try not to gouge or ding the sheeting or you will need drywall compound and a sanding block :(
Thats part of the reason I'm recovering. It's far from new and there is plenty of dings to fix. You like drywall compound better than balsarite?