• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Curtiss XP-55 Ascender

Larry B

70cc twin V2
Hi Earle,
The camera that Abe Jr used is a small thing about the size of a deck of playing cards. The screen works great until the sun is at your back then its a real challenge to see anything. Since it's the only video camera I have I decided to bring it to the field, maybe some day I'll invest in a good camera but for the occasional test flight this little one gets the job done. I think Abe Jr was using his shooting skills and just shooting video in the general direction, and as it turned out did a fantastic job. Think what he could do with a proper camera!

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Yeah, he did do well.....I had assumed that was Abe's voice, but it was Abe Jr eh.

Looking forward to seeing the next flight! !!!

Larry B

70cc twin V2
You are correct, it was Abe's voice but it was Abe Jr actually behind the camera.

I am also looking forward to the next flight, my big goal on the next flight is to bring the model home with the retracts still in the wing. maybe I should just go ahead and install the pneumatic gear stuff, then I could just leave the wheels up on the next landing, how does that sound?

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
You are correct, it was Abe's voice but it was Abe Jr actually behind the camera.

I am also looking forward to the next flight, my big goal on the next flight is to bring the model home with the retracts still in the wing. maybe I should just go ahead and install the pneumatic gear stuff, then I could just leave the wheels up on the next landing, how does that sound?
:LOL_gif:I have a very old Curare that I think I belly landed almost as much as I did on the wheels.

Larry B

70cc twin V2
Finally!:brian-banana:

Flight number 3 it all came together, with the CG moved another 1" aft the model actually flew like an airplane. The canard response was good but not touchy which allowed me to flair on landing and keep the retracts in the model instead of spreading them along the runway.
I think I'll keep the CG where it is and install the pneumatic gear stuff so I can put the wheels up, also the spinner may go on if I can get it to run true and not vibrate.
It was just Abe & I at his field so there is no photo proof, sorry

Last edited:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Finally! Flight number 3 it all came together, with the CG moved another 1" aft the model actually flew like an airplane. The canard response was good but not touchy which allowed me to flair on landing and keep the retracts in the model instead of spreading them along the runway.
I think I'll keep the CG where it is and install the pneumatic gear stuff so I can put the wheels up, also the spinner may go on if I can get it to run true and not vibrate.
It was just Abe & I at his field so there is no photo proof, sorry
Great news Larry! Glad to here you got it worked out.:)