• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Curtiss XP-55 Ascender

Larry B

70cc twin V2
From what I've seen of your model it has a much better chance of surviving it's first flight than my thing does! My prediction is that you will end up with a great flying model, my crystal ball is kinda foggy on the future of my project:concern:

Larry B

70cc twin V2
K4.JPG
It looks to me like you "did it right", I think you'll have a winner when your done.

Got a bit more done today, drilled the gear mounts for the retracts and installed the blind nuts so I could finally bolt in the gear and set it up on it's feet.
K2.JPG
K5.JPG
K3.JPG

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
It looks to me like you "did it right", I think you'll have a winner when your done.
Thanks Larry! Now I just need to get out of this lazy funk I've been in and get it done.

The Ascender looks great on it's feet! Are you planning on a test flight before paint?

Larry B

70cc twin V2
Oh yea, no paint, no pneumatic gear system, no wing belly pan, no gear doors, no canopy glass or cockpit details, only the bear minimum that will make it fly. Only if the silly thing flies will it really get finished.

Larry B

70cc twin V2
Great photo's of the "sole survivor" XP-55, If this thing does fly I may make a trip to The Air Zoo to see this one. I have been getting quite a bit done on mine, just have not taken any pictures of the progress. I have a new computer and as of yet have not spent any time messing with trying to do photos. I prefur spending time in the shop and not fighting with stupid computers:)