• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DA 50 Fuel Tank Size?

Just looked it up, gas is .75 oz per fluid oz. So my 32 oz tank adds 12oz of weight over the minimum recommended tank size. Definitely worth ditching.

A 24 oz tank will add 6 oz of weight over the minimum recommended size and I am willing to pay that penalty for he piece of mind!

Thanks to everybody who weighed in here. Very useful inputs.

Nice to be corresponding with knowledgable people instead of know-it-alls!

BJ Swope

BrandonD

30cc
I use a 32oz because the tank area in my plane allows for it! I fly 12 minutes of high energy flying and land with between a quarter and half of a tank, I could probably fly for close to 20! But Id rather have more fuel then needed so that there is always fuel for the clunk to pick up in high alphas and high energy tumbles and blenders. All of the other guys at my field run 16oz tanks for sport/3D and fly for just as long as me and have enough fuel to safely land!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Just looked it up, gas is .75 oz per fluid oz. So my 32 oz tank adds 12oz of weight over the minimum recommended tank size. Definitely worth ditching.

A 24 oz tank will add 6 oz of weight over the minimum recommended size and I am willing to pay that penalty for he piece of mind!

Thanks to everybody who weighed in here. Very useful inputs.

Nice to be corresponding with knowledgable people instead of know-it-alls!

BJ Swope
So BJ, I am glad you posted this info. I had not been aware of the weight calculations on fuel. It is nice information to have.