• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton 300 ml build thread.

Trumpetman

New to GSN!
orthobird;6003 wrote: Gordon, are you still running the dual tanks on your Dalton? also, how is your 200 working for you?

Yup, two of the big Fortitude tanks are working well. I set the timer for 13 minutes and land with a nice bit of reserve. The DA200L is one sweet motor! It's a perfect match for the Dalton ML!

murry;6692 wrote: Very good, mine mounted even with the top of the motor box with a spacer on the mount bolt to shim it down a bit. The cans won't dent up so bad with the mount on the thick part of the can and your air flow is improved somewhat compared to the wood ply mount.

I would sheet the motor box to keep the heat out of the fuse

i will do that today or tomorrow!! thanks again!!

Trumpetman;6702 wrote: Yup, two of the big Fortitude tanks are working well. I set the timer for 13 minutes and land with a nice bit of reserve. The DA200L is one sweet motor! It's a perfect match for the Dalton ML!

i am thinking i will do the same, except i will use the FiJI bottles, 1 liter each, with the PSP caps. have those on all my other airplanes and have never had a cap leak yet. I will use Viton on the inside of the tank.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Thanks for the link to your build thread Doc. Enjoying all the pics and info. Looks like you're doing an awesome job! You must have the hands of a surgeon;)

pawnshopmike;10505 wrote: Thanks for the link to your build thread Doc. Enjoying all the pics and info. Looks like you're doing an awesome job! You must have the hands of a surgeon;)

i wish!!

i am a way better surgeon than i am at building airplanes!!

i have done over 4500 hip and knee replacements. this will be like my 10th airplane ever that i put together in my whole life (kit plane), going back to when i was 10 years of age. My first kit was a Sig Kobra.

like this:

http://www.galaxia.co.il/SIG-KOBRA.jpghttp://www.galaxia.co.il/SIG-KOBRA.jpg[/url

well, i have added the air dams for the vents. those have 4 mm t-nuts glued into plywood blocks glued to the frame-formers.

10850=4422-IMG_5988.jpg
10850=4422-IMG_5988.jpg
10850=4421-IMG_5989.jpg
10850=4421-IMG_5989.jpg

next step is to finish sheeting the inside of the canister tunnel area. once this step is done, i will glue thin ply for the fuel tank vent nipples, then i can trial fit them, then remove them.

10859=4427-IMG_5990.jpg
10859=4427-IMG_5990.jpg

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Nice work there, those dams are an often overlooked but vital part of these machines. Those look solid and extremly functional. Ive still to decide on how ill complete mine.

tl3

50cc
orthobird;10850 wrote: well, i have added the air dams for the vents. those have 4 mm t-nuts glued into plywood blocks glued to the frame-formers.
Nice job on the air dams. FWIW, you can cut those down quite a bit and still have them develop more than enough low pressure area to to the job. Rick Byrd and Dean Nistetter did a bunch of tests on this a couple years ago and found the 1/8" was plenty or lip height to do the job.

t