• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton 300 ml build thread.

i am also working on the baffle plates.  they are done. now i am gluing in the front plate.  once that is complete, i will make my foam block mold so that i can make a shroud for the air to pass and be forced thru the cylinders fins.
IMG_6412.JPG

this was my plan: to make a baffle plate on left and right side.  then mold a foam block and manufacture a shroud, to force the air down thru the fins.  Plan went south  bad.  pictures to follow.
IMG_6420.JPG

IMG_6421.JPG

IMG_6422.JPG

IMG_6423.JPG

IMG_6424.JPG

IMG_6425.JPG

IMG_6426.JPG

IMG_6427.JPG

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Nice job on the pilot Mrs. Bird !  Awesome, sending you mine !   Id say a'la movie roadhouse... " his name..is Dalton." Or.. Mac, Cam in reverse.

Hey , at least you tried on the baffle, kudos for the attempt, many wouldn't go beyond their comfort zone and you did. Im sure it could be perfected in time like anything else. 

cALLING IT  a night

i did glue in the hard points for the stab tube.  i obtained two square 1/4" thick plywood blocks, placed a 6-32 blind nut in one, glued them together stacked, then i glued this in over the phenolic.  once cured, i will sand this down good, then using a smaller drill bit, i will drill into the hole and into the phenolic and into the stab tube.  then, using a 6-32 tap,  i will tap this through.

i consider that the purpose of the screw is to prevent pull out of the stab, so i am not gluing in hardwood into the stab tube.  the screw well be loc-tite into the blind nut.  makes it easy. again, i chose square over round, in that there will be a greater surface area and higher resistance to rotation with corners versus a circle.  
IMG_6438.JPG

to do list:

1.  cover the stabs/elevators

2.  obtain wings (coming in next week) and cut out ailerons (as per plans), glue in LE/TE, and LE/TE of hinge line. glue on caps on tips and roots. lots of planing, lots of sanding. glue in the servo boxes (2 per wing). glue in hard points (2 per aileron).

3. once wings are done, i can cover the fuselage.

4.  i still have to finish the canopy.  i need to finish the instrument panel. the pilot is finished, i just have to prepare some form of anchoring device. the canopy needs doe fine sanding, then covering the canopy area that should not be painted.  need to find out which would be best masking tape for this. i believe also called trim tape. then, primer this, several coats then fine sanding.  then pain top of canopy/hatch red. (to match the red from Monokote).

looks like i am far from finish, but much closer than when i started october 7, 2013.