• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton 300 ml build thread.

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
Nice radio setup. I am going hard to get the fuse all done before I cover the wings. I am almost there too. Keep at it, yours is looking superb!

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
I like it all Cam, how do you like the jeti system ? Keep thinking to upgrade mine one day and like the look of it, how is it to program?

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
well, i do not know if you can see this in the pictures.
What i have done is installed a brass tube from the engine compartment that travels to the fuel tank bay. This results in shorter Tygon fuel lines.but, what i want you all to see is this covering i installed around the brass tubes. this is a thermal heat sleeve. 1/2" inner diameter. this is stable up to 500 degrees F.
hopefully this will help prevent the fuel lines from getting too hot. you can get them from JEGS.View attachment 6585 View attachment 6586 View attachment 6587
What a Sa-weet idea. Oh the days of lacking in technology are most definitely behind us.

I like it all Cam, how do you like the jeti system ? Keep thinking to upgrade mine one day and like the look of it, how is it to program?

I very much like the Jeti radio system. All the Jeti Rx's are telemetry integrated. to me, the telemetry is one of the biggest reasons i like it.
I mostly go and look, after each flight, and study all the parameters, and see trends, etc...
I can go back and look at, let's say, rpm status, and compare with the use of different props.
I can also study the temperatures, and this has been most helpful in telling me what to do, if the temps are too high. in which case, i need to improve my baffling or i need to improve my air exit strategy.

during flight, i have it set up to warn me:
1. i use lipos only, and if voltage drops to under 7.4, it will warn me :"receiver voltage low"
2. rpm gets under 800, it will warn me :"LOW RPM". this usually indicates dead stick!! do not like to hear that one.
3. it will warn me: "warning: antenna signal low". usually, this means one antenna, for whatever reason, got a low signal, under 3 out of 9, i have never lost control of my models with this radio.
4. i have a timer, that will warn me during flight:"you have 5 minutes", then it will read out "4 minutes", and count down to 1 minute. once there is 20 seconds left, it will count down: "20, 19, 18, 17......"
once it gets to zero, it will beep for about 3 seconds, and that is it.

so really, not too bad or annoying.

ok, this is cool,
i have programmed the transmitter, in that, if i tilt the transmitter forward, it will read to me the following:
1. receiver voltage is 7.5 volts
2. rpm is 6000
3. temperature 1a is 250
4. temperature 1b is 300
5. antenna 1 strength is 7
6. antenna 2 strength is 8

you can program much more, but this is all i care to listen to while i am flying.

To answer your question, if you are accustomed to Futaba or JR/Spektrum, programming this radio is like, to me, learning to speak chinese or german!! it was very difficult at 1st. But, after several months, it became easier. I still have to refer to instructions/forums for help once in a while. But overall, if i can pick it up, anyone else can as well!!

IMAC FANATIC

Thank you Cam, appreciate your response, I do get concerned with too much information going on with the radio to concentrate on flying, but being able to set alarms to values is nice, the t-1000 has alarms but not quite as many or cool, if I may ask what did full set up run? With tx, Rx, and telemetry ?
The several months learning curve frightens me a bit, I've just figured out the DX and its very simple.

The transmitter cost me around 1700, it is the carbon version. The standard is about 1500 or so. There are over 10 different receiver options. All of them are telemetry ready/integrated. The central box 200 with two R3 receivers costs about 280 dollars or so. This is a power distribution system with 16 channel output, 14 for Servos and two for telemetry. It also allows for two battery plug in, into the central box, for redundancy. Each servo slot on the cb200 is independent of the others and isolated, so if one servo were to lock, it will not burn out the whole system. You will still have a functional radio system.

The sensors are not crazy expensive.? The rpm sensor for optical is about 40 dollars or so, and the head temp sensors (come in pairs) is also bout 40 dollars.

You can get a 14 channel receiver for under 100 dollars

So overall, it is not too bad

IMAC FANATIC

( long whistle). That a lot for a man on a budget though, thanks for the input, but right now my old spektrum looks like it'll see yet another season !

ok Brian, when i quopted those numbers, i was at work. Please allow me to show you what can be obtained JETI:

DS 14, this is the basic transmitter, can be upgraded at a later time to 16. this basic Tx is 895.00 dollars, and is telemetry compatible.

DS 16, this is the one i have, but the basic level, not the carbon face, which i have, the basic 16 channel TX is 1595.00

for receivers:
14 channel Rx is 130, sorry , i lied earlier
11 channel receiver is 105
9 channel receiver is 89 dollars
7 channel receiver is 79 dollars
a 3 channel receiver is 65 dollars

ok the central box, which is like a smartly, then you need 2 of the 3 channel rx's, this costs 295 dollars. (the central box 200 + two of the 3 channel receivers)

the telemetry:
1. optical rpm sensor is 41 dollars
2. temperature sensor is 49 dollars

i know this is a lot, but i just wanted to clarify this and give you the actual numbers. I feel better now that i have done that.

best regards,

Cam

IMAC FANATIC

Thank you Can, I truly appreciate the effort. So its as much as comparable systems and actualky less than others Some how I just really like the look of it and I've always been a fan of something new. It has my kind if bells and whistles.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
I just got set up here on GSN, and have been browsing through your Dalton build log.... awesome job! Lots of neat ideas here. I like the idea of temperature sensors on all 4 cylinders- how interesting that will be. I'm finishing up a Carden, and now I want to add some additional sensors to measure all cylinders' temp. I've got quite a few more pages of your build log to explore, can't wait to sit down and go through it all. Nice build!

PS- My user name on the other site is dwdixon.
Hey Dave....glad to see you here on Giant Scale News. About the only reason I pop into FG anymore is to check on your amazing Carden build thread. Cheers :cheers: