• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton 300 ml build thread.

this is 3rd coat. all of these have been thin coats. i think i will apply a 4th coat. in 20 minutes.
IMG_6906.JPG
IMG_6907.JPG

i just applied the 4th coat, and i am very pleased with it.

now, i have to lightly sand (in 48 hours) all the painted surfaces with 1800 wet sand paper, and then retouch with clear gloss.

This is something i decided to build for the antennas. this will hold them at nearly 90 degrees to each other. it has a base to attach the receiver onto, and then the whole mount can be double sided or glued where ever i want!! my radio system has two sets of receivers, and a third receiver is for the electronic switch. meaning, the radio system for the airplane is turned on from the Transmitter. Only thing is, always disconnect batteries at the end of the day. i got the idea from Dave's Carden build thread. Thanks Dave.
IMG_6908.JPG

yes indeed!!! thank you.
in the meanwhile, i will begin prep-work to cover the wings. any volunteers to cover my wings with Monokote???
IMG_6915.JPG

i have been putting this step off for so long!! always finding excuses not to do it!! at this point, i would prefer to paint it!!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Naaa..... it's gonna look marvelous. A little tenacity, a little patience, a little quiet time and a good six pack later...... oh wait, were we covering? Hee hee....