• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton 300 ml build thread.

Holy cow Ortho, I did not imagine that. Of course I did that once. I reset up a plane with much more throw. I did a demo without any trim flights. Well when I went into knife edge and the rudder to elevator mix kicked in, it was way more. Sudden change of direction into near by trees. I had to spend an hour I the woods finding it (flying over tree tops at field) then had to go home and get my chain saw to cut the tree down. Minimal damage to the plane considering a 75' drop.

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Wow Cam, sad to see that happen.........that was your baby!!

You are an excellent builder so I'm betting you'll be able to repair it as good as it can be done.

Congrats on the maiden of your Yak........another sweet build!

Scrappy

New to GSN!
Hey Ortho,
Just caught up on this thread, sorry to see the Dalton down as I know they are a sweet flying plane by watching a buddy fly one.

I didn't know Daltons grew on trees though??? (sorry, someone had to...)

Good luck on the rebuild and remaiden!

Robotech

70cc twin V2
Robert, has Wayne flown his new Yak yet?
Not that I know of but I haven't been out to the field for several weeks. He is flying today so I may stop in and check. Knowing Wayne, he probably hasn't even started putting it together. He is your exact opposite when concerns speed.

You all will not believe!! The left side of fuselage is repaired!
Here is the FSS (Fuselage side support ) being glued on. Tonight I will glue on the right side, then tomorrow, I will repair the tail members.

Once that is all glued on, I have to make a new fin/rudder, then glue on the old turtle deck, and the fuselage will be 100% ready.

One more step after that is to make new wings. Once new wings are made, it will be 100% complete.

IMG_9339.JPG
IMG_9340.JPG