• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton 300 ml build thread.

Got more done. When I get home today, I will glue in the tail section...

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

the tail is 100% repaired!!

Ok, back on track, the fin has been sheeted, just need to cut it out, and glue on LE and TE.

The skins for fuselage have been prepped, and sanded down, just need to glue them on, then trim.

Getting much closer now!!

IMG_9356.JPG
IMG_9357.JPG
IMG_9358.JPG
IMG_9359.JPG

Just glued the skins on the fuselage. Now to wait for it to cure, I will remove the clamp tomorrow morning and inspect everything then trim it.

IMG_9360.JPG
IMG_9361.JPG

I have sheeted the turtle-deck. The second one is for the other 300 ML that I will build, and possibly sell, if anyone is interested.

IMG_9368.JPG

I have trial fit the phenolic that fits in the tail, then I cut it, and have glued it in, with the stabs installed, so as to hold the tube aligned. I also glued in the 6/32 blind nut, on the inside of the tail to hold the stabs in place.

IMG_9369.JPG
IMG_9370.JPG
IMG_9371.JPG
IMG_9372.JPG
IMG_9373.JPG

started on the wings. One set of wings is from 2013, the other set is from 1 month ago. The old set, is interesting, has a shorter phenolic, the new ones, the phenolics go in deeper.

IMG_9374.JPG
IMG_9375.JPG