• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton 300 ml build thread.

Just glued these on! These are the new nylon bushings. With these, you can go without the anti rotation pins, so less work and lighter over all.
The concern, in past, was that the studs would wallow out the hole with every wing install and removal. With these bushings in place, it should help prevent this, and the wing incidence should not change.
I did use the 30 minute epoxy with the micro balloons. Also, take note, that the front aspect is not touching the plywood, meaning, it is at a slight angle, so when I inserted these, I used a 25" long and 1/4" diameter rod, to hold this alignment. This is the same alignment the studs will be in, so this step is critical to prevent binding/wear.

Also, when I use my wing nuts, it will sit flush with the plastic surface of the bushing.
IMG_9403.JPG

I do not need this anytime soon, it can wait, but, anyone know where I can purchase a 25" length drill bit & 1/4" diameter, that has a tip like a step drill?

IMG_9407.JPG
Step drill bit.jpg

Turtledeck cap is on now, and I am doing a trial fit of the fin. I do not demonstrate, but this alignment was also checked with a laser light.

IMG_9431.JPG
IMG_9432.JPG

I am getting ready to finish off the rudder. I am going to do something I had never done before, and this should be pretty cool.
This will guarantee my hinges will be straight!

I am using these unassembled Robart hinge points!

Should be pretty darn cool.

IMG_9433.JPG

How many should I use? What say my friend? 6, 7, 8, or 9 points?

IMG_9434.JPG
IMG_9435.JPG
IMG_9436.JPG