• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Demystifying Vacuum Bagging of foam wings!!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Most any finishing resin will work (not standard epoxy). Finishing resin is similar but more liquid in form. I've switched to West Systems for ease of use with the pumps and it can be purchased in smaller quantities as well as large quantities. Actually the last time I purchased it I got the best price on Amazon.com The use of Rit Dye to color the resin will help very much to see the resin is evenly distributed on the sheeting.
image001 (2).JPG

Torquerolljoe

Wannabe Pilot!!
Vacuum bagging is the only way to go! . Great write up Terry! I vacuum bag my Carden planes and have not had any problems.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks, I'll for sure get some posts and pics in tomorrow and will try to do a quick video to show how simple it is once you get everything set up.

Props

50cc
Terry, Which system did you buy ready made? I am getting a bit confused at the available choices. I am assuming its speaking widths, when it shows 18/36/60 ?

Curious what the pieced together system can do over the readily made one?