• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dietrich 42% Slick rebuild.

-Rick-

100cc
I like building and fixing, and if I'm going to do something like rebuild this plane I want to do it right!! I want to bring this plane up a few notches from being an ARF.

With a buddy's help we put a new hinge system in last night, pictures coming..........

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Wow...you've really had your work cut out for you. Bet it will be awesome though once you get it done right.
Aahh I get it." work CUT OUT for you", cutting hinges ... clever play.
thats some serious patience work there, dont envy you , that said, its the only right thing to do, good work.

-Rick-

100cc
Aahh I get it." work CUT OUT for you", cutting hinges ... clever play.
thats some serious patience work there, dont envy you , that said, its the only right thing to do, good work.

IMAC Fanatic, how much throw do you put in on an IMAC on the rudder?

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
You want everything you can get for full rates to hammer and have available at landing, mine is 47° deflection each way at full, but IMAC flying you use much less than that. Precision flying down to 18-20° or less at rudder, really depends on the airframe , expo and your style .

-Rick-

100cc
You want everything you can get for full rates to hammer and have available at landing, mine is 47° deflection each way at full, but typical flying you use about half of that. Precision flying down to 18-20° or less.

So cutting it back to about 30 degrees is not a good idea? I was just thinking of closing down the "taper" on the trailing edge of the plane and the leading edge of the rudder. Right now I have the same throws as you.

SleepyC

150cc
Found a pic of my old Dietrich Slick!
Excuse the foul graphix. ;)
FLY_0049.JPG

-Rick-

100cc
Nice Sleep! Mine isn't going to look anything like that when done, and I ain't just talking about those :steamer:ty decals on yours!!

What ya have in it for motor?