• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DLE 85

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
Yea!!!! I finally figured it out. I should edit the video but that will have to be another self-taught lesson. Watch the short video first. It shows me trying to start it and leads into the next vid where we close the choke and fire it up.

We didn't make any effort to adjust the needles and as you can tell it was running quite rich. This endeavor was more a proof of capacity than it was a real effort at running and adjusting the engine. What we discovered is that it is quite powerful and capable of overturning my test stand even with the cement blocks securely strapped to the steel stand. If you look carefully, you'll notice that we never let go of the stand. Later in the week I'm going to set it back up and secure it differently so that I can adjust it for proper running and run a couple of tanks of gas through it.

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
Based on my very limited experience with this engine, I have to say that so far, I'm impressed. Started very easily, and even though we didn't run it up to full throttle seems to have loads of power. John said, "you're going to have to build a bigger plane!" I hope not. The p-51 is about as big as I want to tackle.

I hope you guys enjoy this. That's why I did it!!

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
I'm going to run this engine again later this week. I have to come up with a more suitable way to secure the test stand in order to do this by myself. I'm going to tune the engine and after a tank or 2 of fuel through it, I'm going to take rpm readings both a idle and at top end. Also, I think exhaust temps and cylinder head temps will be very informative. Stay tuned - should be interesting.