• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DLE 85

emtp275

100cc
Ok 26x8 falcon CF or 26x10 falcon CF
really wish there were some numbers on the DLE 85 with these two props, Id say the way you fly 8 pitch you like old skool 3d slow post stall so no need for the speed of a 10, But once its broken in will it just rip that 8 every time you do punch it?

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
really wish there were some numbers on the DLE 85 with these two props, Id say the way you fly 8 pitch you like old skool 3d slow post stall so no need for the speed of a 10, But once its broken in will it just rip that 8 every time you do punch it?
Kelly suggested 26x10, and I think that may give me some braking also, yes braking, not BREAKING Got less than 10 oz threw it, it may swing a 27" CF after it's broke in. I'm not old school because it's COOL, it's because, I'm old and slow:lol2:

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
Terry no leaks here, and vibes are nothing, really decent, @emtp275 took a vid of it today while we were running it, I'll post it once I get it from him. It doesn't like that 273db xoar, need to step down to a 26 I think, was getting 1400-1500 idle, and 5800 top end, pulls like a tractor, strong little engine. I haven't weighed plane yet, but if I can keep it around 22lbs, I think she may be a keeper.

It may be the difference between the 26 and 27 inch props. I could easily get 6400 and it would hold that speed consistently. But, I also installed a Bowman ring before I ever turned it over.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
It may be the difference between the 26 and 27 inch props. I could easily get 6400 and it would hold that speed consistently. But, I also installed a Bowman ring before I ever turned it over.
I think it is the difference, the xoar like @49dimes mentioned is a high load, and the 273db is thick hub also. I think after a few gallons, she would swing a 27CF easily. I'm not a prop authority by any means, so I ordered the 26x10, and will report bk with those #'s, once I get it installed.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Heck with it, I ordered one. 10% off at VVRC and shipped free. Plus if it blows my plane apart it will work in something a bit larger:dancing-chicken:
Terry I think you'll be happy. I take it she is replacing the EME70? I actually have the EF extra on the brain as a bk up airframe, if I dumb thumb the Sukhoi, and actually read where a couple people have installed the 85 on that airframe. The leaking carb, I honestly think may have been an earlier version. There just isn't any/much info out there on the 85. The reason I think there may be a couple versions out there is the ignition on mine is the newer HV.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Terry I think you'll be happy. I take it she is replacing the EME70? I actually have the EF extra on the brain as a bk up airframe, if I dumb thumb the Sukhoi, and actually read where a couple people have installed the 85 on that airframe. The leaking carb, I honestly think may have been an earlier version. There just isn't any/much info out there on the 85. The reason I think there may be a couple versions out there is the ignition on mine is the newer HV.

Yup, guy here put an MVVS / Evolution 80 on the 91 and it's pretty crazy. I'm looking at the EF Edge that I built custom viper wings for. I have enough wing area to support an extra pound without issue.