• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Don smith corsair

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
After looking at all of them there is absolutely no way I would buy anything but the Valach 250 it has all In closed valve train and guid tubes. That is the engine. I need one just to run on an engine stand and listen to it and clean it up and put on the dining room table to be drooled on and ready to tun again.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
RCS would do great too. Side by side pics of the 5 and 7 cylinder radials. I think the RCS line is made in Italy and Moki in Poland.

There also may be waiting lists for both. I have seen good deals come on ebay for the Moki's.

MokiView attachment 103795RCS View attachment 103796 MokiView attachment 103797RCS View attachment 103798

Just an FYI......Doing some research I found that Moki's founding mechanical engineer(Ferenc Somogyi) was from Hungary and he was responsible for the two stroke racing engines and diesel engines of the early 1950's (and the more recent 140, 180, 210 ) to compete with the Czech company MVVS. He never got a copy wright for legal occupation of the Moki name and therefore other manufactories have taken the name. Best I can tell Germany is the country of manufacture of Moki radial engines. RCS is a manufactory of the Moki design in the UK. What a conundrum!?:confused:.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
My buddy here has three Moki radials. One 250 with exposed valve train, one 250 with enclosed and a 150. It is true what is said about them. Ever so sa-weet. Been contemplating for sometime to purchase his P47 with the enclosed valve train 250. I just don't know though. Really want to get the Big Stang flying first.

Any of the previous mentioned radials would be great on the Corsair.