• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Don Smith P-51 Mustang

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
There you go Buddy. . . . . . . :spongebob:. Of course I couldn't argue with an in-line red head twin either.

An impressive bird this size needs the best retracts available. IMHO, those would be Sierra retracts. If you want Sierra and you haven't done so already, I would suggest you call Darryl sooner rather than later. He makes the best retracts available, but speed isn't one of his forte's. . . . . ;)

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
No, not yet. I figure by mid Oct. or Nov. I will make the final decision between the 110 or the 135 Kolm. Really not a lot of difference in price. Either one will take a huge bite outta my wallet. Lol
All I can say is what I observed at JoeNall. Now do not miss understand me. Kolm build absolutely fine piece of machinery but there final execution I am not sure about. From what I observe is that many of them had engine problems but not mechanically but had a tremendous and amount of problems getting them to run and getting fuel up to engine seemed to be one of the most common problems. Now this is just a 7 Day observation. But I must say all the a posing twins were fine it was just the boys with in line motors. Some that were running good had a fuel pump and pressure regulator for the fuel. Please I am no expert on Kolm engines just what I observed.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
There you go Buddy. . . . . . . :spongebob:. Of course I couldn't argue with an in-line red head twin either.

An impressive bird this size needs the best retracts available. IMHO, those would be Sierra retracts. If you want Sierra and you haven't done so already, I would suggest you call Darryl sooner rather than later. He makes the best retracts available, but speed isn't one of his forte's. . . . . ;)
You're really awesome David. But... hee hee, I called them over a month and a half ago. Full out main and tail gear with all electric equipment for doors, the whole nine yards... $1200.00. I thought that was a pretty darn good price.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
All I can say is what I observed at JoeNall. Now do not miss understand me. Kolm build absolutely fine piece of machinery but there final execution I am not sure about. From what I observe is that many of them had engine problems but not mechanically but had a tremendous and amount of problems getting them to run and getting fuel up to engine seemed to be one of the most common problems. Now this is just a 7 Day observation. But I must say all the a posing twins were fine it was just the boys with in line motors. Some that were running good had a fuel pump and pressure regulator for the fuel. Please I am no expert on Kolm engines just what I observed.
Hmm... good to know. Thanks Snoops.

WMcNabb

150cc
Really looking forward to this one!
The Mustang is my absolute favorite aircraft of all time!!
I found several really good reference books for all the scale details.
If you’re interested, let me know.
Always wondered which scheme I would use. Many, many great looking ones to consider.
While not a redhead, in this case I might prefer blondes.

64139EED-F435-4B08-B7F9-67C5865DDAE8.jpeg
E1B53E4A-7FFF-47BF-9082-C468A0CCDE2B.jpeg
1DD3116A-6DC7-49F4-BAD7-B6BCF5DD8DB4.jpeg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Really looking forward to this one!
The Mustang is my absolute favorite aircraft of all time!!
I found several really good reference books for all the scale details.
If you’re interested, let me know.
Always wondered which scheme I would use. Many, many great looking ones to consider.
While not a redhead, in this case I might prefer blondes.

View attachment 105165 View attachment 105166 View attachment 105167
Hot damn, that is sexy for sure. Yes, most definitely I am interested. Thanks. I was originally going to do the first "Thunder Mustang" Scheme. But now, I am really starting to think an amazing WWII scheme would be better suited.

How do you think she would look with red hair?
pondering-and-thinking-smiley-emoticon.gif