• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Don Smith P-51 Mustang

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I am so in love with this Kolm. I could not help myself.
Next years project...."AFTER" the Behemoth Stang of course.

P40.jpg

And one would ask, "Why"? Only logical response, "Why not"?

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I am so in love with this Kolm. I could not help myself.
Next years project...."AFTER" the Behemoth Stang of course.

View attachment 107109

And one would ask, "Why"? Only logical response, "Why not"?
Love the shop nice and big and bright just love nice bright shop. Did not know you had a P40 nice big bird.
If may ask the work bench is on some sort of red jack what is that jack used for looks really interesting. So you can raise and lower it as required.
I think a 200 four cylinder Kolm will fit perfectly.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Love the shop nice and big and bright just love nice bright shop. Did not know you had a P40 nice big bird.
If may ask the work bench is on some sort of red jack what is that jack used for looks really interesting. So you can raise and lower it as required.
No, no, no! 230cc inline.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Look's like that thing could use the 230. Ohh yeaa!!!
That's what I am talking 'bout.:laughing:

What are the specs on the P-40? Looks awesome!

OH YEAH!!!
Not sure of the weight yet, but it will be 112". So, the Behemoth Stang will have a Behemoth Brother. LOL

Not my shop Snoops. This is a photo from Thomas Gass of Kolm. This is his workshop and his P40. The plane will be ready for production and available for purchase next year. I had Thomas put mine on the list along with a pre-order of the 230. I think the 200 four cylinder would be cool. But I am really liking the tres bangers. They (to me) just sound meaner. So, I am pretty sure I will be snagging a 230 for mine.

No, no, no! 230cc inline.
Yes, yes, yes....!!!! 230cc inline baby.:brian-banana:

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
That's what I am talking 'bout.:laughing:

Not sure of the weight yet, but it will be 112". So, the Behemoth Stang will have a Behemoth Brother. LOL

Not my shop Snoops. This is a photo from Thomas Gass of Kolm. This is his workshop and his P40. The plane will be ready for production and available for purchase next year. I had Thomas put mine on the list along with a pre-order of the 230. I think the 200 four cylinder would be cool. But I am really liking the tres bangers. They (to me) just sound meaner. So, I am pretty sure I will be snagging a 230 for mine.

Yes, yes, yes....!!!! 230cc inline baby.:brian-banana:
You know, we could go bananas with these motors, 3-5K motor, 3-8K airframe, yike's!!! Funny thing is, I can remember a time I swore I would not spend more than $500 for an airframe, $1000 completed and had no use for anything over 65"ws. Boy did I blow that out of the water. I'm sure some of you were the same.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
You know, we could go bananas with these motors, 3-5K motor, 3-8K airframe, yike's!!! Funny thing is, I can remember a time I swore I would not spend more than $500 for an airframe, $1000 completed and had no use for anything over 65"ws. Boy did I blow that out of the water. I'm sure some of you were the same.
Lol.... oh if you only knew. There was a time I thought that Saito was the only engine on the planet and Futaba would never make a nicer radio than what I had at the time. Then I told my son after we really figured out how much nicer the bigger planes fly, "I will never fly anything smaller than 80". Geez, is this what it means to be needle in the artery fed addiction? But aint it great?

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Lol.... oh if you only knew. There was a time I thought that Saito was the only engine on the planet and Futaba would never make a nicer radio than what I had at the time. Then I told my son after we really figured out how much nicer the bigger planes fly, "I will never fly anything smaller than 80". Geez, is this what it means to be needle in the artery fed addiction? But aint it great?
Oh, it is fantastic!!! Probably about the first of Jan I will be getting another 120 for the laser. Just typing it gives me goose bumps, a sickness indeed, but in the best of way's!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Oh, it is fantastic!!! Probably about the first of Jan I will be getting another 120 for the laser. Just typing it gives me goose bumps, a sickness indeed, but in the best of way's!
I am not quite up you and the Stang but getting there slowly. Must say over last 3 years were I thought that 50cc was as big as would ever go and the last season I flew my DA150 all summer and flew hard, and enjoyed it. I can remember my first Saito 150 when I first started it really scared me then. Now look at what I am flying and playing with.