• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Double Build, Carden Pro 124" Extra 300 40%

working on the instrument panels.
IMG_2347.JPG
9ZsLl.jpeg
IMG_2344.JPG

capthis

70cc twin V2
Cam, how you build #2 first? In essence by building one at a time whichever one you work on first then becomes #1 :)

Hehe just yanking your chain :)

got the rest of the instrument panels done.

the front, top, and back was sheeted.
IMG_2354.JPG

to give me an idea of how it will fit.
IMG_2355.JPG

after painting it...
IMG_2356.JPG
IMG_2357.JPG

after installing the instruments to the box...
IMG_2360.JPG
IMG_2361.JPG

and trial testing the fit and location. SO far, so good. But, I have so so much more to do!! LOL! really, just a teaser!
IMG_2363.JPG
IMG_2362.JPG

getting ready to proceed with Fuselage #1 (haha)~~

Here is my power plant. It is a DA 200 Light, the new version. It has very thin fins, and thus, not the round, cut down look to them. It had 17 flights on her, until I lost the 300 SP. I sent it to DA< they did some repairs, and now, she is ready for some action (won't be any time soon! Might be next year before this bird has a maiden).

IMG_2367.JPG

Here is my exhaust system, also from the 300 SP. It is German KS 95 cans, with a 70 degree outlet, not the 90 degree bend. And, with this header / canister / 200L, i was getting about 7500 RPM in the air, with a Mejzlik 30 x 13 LF EVO. It was unlimited vertical!! WOW, so much more power than my other 2 DA 200's. This one is a keeper.

As you can see, I had to extend the headers and I do not know if this brought it to the perfect tune, but I will try to keep this length. On my other 200, with stock header lengths, it never reached the RPM that this one got, same prop.
IMG_2370.JPG
IMG_2371.JPG

I am considering using these mounts for the canisters. I really liked the set up from Primo, but if I can get these to fit, I will probably use these.
IMG_2368.JPG

ok, now back to more serious stuff.
Getting F1 beefed up:
IMG_2366.JPG
IMG_2365.JPG
IMG_2364.JPG
IMG_2369.JPG

soon, I can make the cowl set up, then mount the motor and the canisters. Once that step is done. I can sheet the tunnel, and then move on to gluing on the front bottom and rear bottom decks, then the fin and the turtle deck, and then on to finish the canopy/hatch. Should be caught up with Fuselage #2 by one month from now.

Installed the Comfort mounts for the canisters, and I suspected, much easier than the tuned pipes on Fuselage #2. Also, began sheeting the tunnel. Next, to install the conduit tubes from tail to rear bay under the canopy.

IMG_2373.JPG
IMG_2374.JPG
IMG_2372.JPG

capthis

70cc twin V2
Cam that motor sure looks better than this one. If this would of been mine I would of thrown up I think......
61506.jpeg

LOL!! that is my friends! OH geez. It was terrible. His 1st quad. It had under 20 flights. He installed it on a brand new Dalton 300 PAU ARF. He forgot to program the fail safe settings, and when he lost signal, for what ever reason, it plowed into the EARTH at full speed. HE has sent it in to DA, so I am sure they will be able to fix it. If you go to the FB DA website, you will see some pictures of real bad motors from crash, and they are able to bring them back to life!!