• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Double Build, Carden Pro 124" Extra 300 40%

Almost done with the hatch....

IMG_2480.JPG
IMG_2481.JPG

Rusty 73

100cc
Bet you made some good friends a few new relationships and many memories and many new ideas to improve yourself for next year .

Do you use speckle paint for around the cockpit area , looks great .

Bet you made some good friends a few new relationships and many memories and many new ideas to improve yourself for next year .

Do you use speckle paint for around the cockpit area , looks great .

Yes, I sure did. That was the best part of it all.

this is the one I use:

071915261817.jpg

Looking good , pilot and instrument panel installed afteror before canopy is glued down .

Good morning. I like to do it after I paint the canopy/hatch area. In the past, I would do it before, but with this build, I made it so I can put the pilot and instrument panel thru the gaps between the two platforms. I like to keep as much area open, so I can inspect my equipment, especially the fuel tanks, between flights, and without removing the canopy.

Rusty 73

100cc
Good to know , I though you would install the panel and pilot after .
I'm the same, i prefer to visually inspect the equipment between flights to see if anything is ratttling around i like the space between the pilot .
So now after the canopy is glued it's time to break out the epoxy resin and fiberglass to finsh off the hatch ..

I will first finish both rudders today, get them hinged and beveled, then add the top and bottom balsa covering. Once I finish with that, then I will glass the canopy.
Like to change things up and bit. Once I finish the glassing and the rudder, the fuselages will be complete. Then to cut out the aielerons and the elevators, hinge those, then cover and paint. Should be done by March of 2017.