• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Double Build, Carden Pro 124" Extra 300 40%

capthis

70cc twin V2
I call those Balsa Fries.

So Does Tough!
53262.jpeg

Rusty 73

100cc
So Cam which one of the planers do you prefer? The one in the middle is very familiar with me .
Shaped alot of tail feathers for racing airplanes years ago with this type , worked great then

Rusty, that one is the one! Works the best from all the other rest.

most hobby planers, have a tight gap between the blade and the mouth, but that one planer, in the middle, has a bigger mouth, and thus, less time clearing it. In fact, I can keep going and going, without clearing it, cause nothing gets stuck in there.

Rusty 73

100cc
Rusty, that one is the one! Works the best from all the other rest.

most hobby planers, have a tight gap between the blade and the mouth, but that one planer, in the middle, has a bigger mouth, and thus, less time clearing it. In fact, I can keep going and going, without clearing it, cause nothing gets stuck in there.

I total agree, that planer is basically self cleaning nothing gets stuck in it , even when you plan through the glue joints it slices it like a knife through butter . I still have the mine , its just buried along with other stuff from my father's hobby room that we shared . Have the whole winter to sort through all his tools he left to me .

I really wish i had a the setup of your hobby room , so i could assemble kits into a whole airframe like you're doing . I have to share the garage with all our stored goods and also the Jetta in the winter . Cam you are quite the buiding machine love following all your building posts , they are very informative ,thanks . Russell

Thank you very much, I am very fortunate that my wife let me build that shop.

I had this built by one of my patients, he is a mason. He did it for real cheap, almost did not charge me, he just had me pay for materials. Then another friend, who flies airplanes, and is an electrician, did all the electrical work. There are 18 LED lights in cans from the ceiling, and over 20 electrical plugs all over.

All I have to do, is keep it more tidy!

IMG_5856.JPG
IMG_5294.JPG
IMG_5295.JPG
IMG_5335.JPG
IMG_5336.JPG
IMG_5490.JPG

Last edited:

Rusty 73

100cc
Love the size it and with good friends and helping and charging at friendly rates thats great .Looks like you have ten or twelve foot ceilings , i wish i had put more plugs in my garage walls when the house was constructed . i did put in Six extra light outlets in the ceiling for those four foot Led track lighting that are similar to the flouerent tube modules. Two go over the work bench area and the the other four are for better illumination in the garage .

Attachments

• IMG_1747.JPG
    IMG_1747.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_1748.JPG
    IMG_1748.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_1749.JPG
    IMG_1749.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_1750.JPG
    IMG_1750.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_1751.JPG
    IMG_1751.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 250
I can see the very heavy duty insulation there! And then I see you are from Calgary! You need as much insulation as possible up there (excuse the pun).

Just did one of the 4 wings LE. Three to go, then to add the TE. After this, I can set the incidence to the wings and stabs, then, I will need to install the motor and set up the exhaust system in both airplanes. Once that is done, and the tunnels are made, then I can start to add the top and bottom decks! then, it will look like an airplane!

IMG_2131.JPG

Rusty 73

100cc
So the incidence on the wing and stab are set by the anti rotation pin placement ?
The wing looking good , nice rounded leading edge , excellent work .