• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Double Build, Carden Pro 124" Extra 300 40%

back on the build, plan to get a little bit more done today.

SO far, i have glued on the servo boxes for the stabs...
IMG_2622.JPG

servo lead tunnel...
IMG_2624.JPG

servo box...
IMG_2623.JPG

back on the stabs...

I have cut out the elevators, and now, time to add the LE & TE of the hinge line, and then the hard point.

I have made the hard points, using the plywood from the Carden kit. Very high quality and very dense ply.
IMG_2639.JPG

I made two slots in each one for the G10 horns.

this is what it should look line once the hard point is glued in and the horn is installed.
IMG_2650.JPG

IMG_2640.JPG

The TE on the stab, and after it has been bevelled.
IMG_2641.JPG

the stab, being aligned, from the tips. the LE is not on the elevator yet.
IMG_2642.JPG

IMG_2643.JPG

I have marked a point, 16" in from the tip of the elevator, and this is the center of the hard point for the control horn.
IMG_2644.JPG

IMG_2645.JPG

so in goes the hard point.
IMG_2649.JPG

IMG_2648.JPG
IMG_2646.JPG
IMG_2647.JPG

after this, then I can glue on the LE of the elevator.

Hello Tony, yes, that is a bar of plexiglass!

Primo, hello, yes, that is balsa blocks, 1/2" thick.

I have made a template for the short ailerons, and use it on top and bottom side to mark out where to cut...

IMG_2666.JPG

short ailerons and servo boxes, now time to work on that!
IMG_2667.JPG

Do you have 2 templates for that?

I.E. 1 for the actual aileron and another for the aileron plus hinge area and clearance area between the aileron and the rest of the wing or do you just mark out the aileron and measuring and mark everything else with a straight edge?