• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Dual BuildNew PAU 35cc Edge and 35cc Extra

Tseres

150cc
Today was "Mess Up Day". I cut the covering on the top of the aileron for the hinge points. No.No.No. That is not what your supposed to do. Only the bottom of the ailerons get cut open. I had to patch the top of the ailerons. When you get to building yours. Remember my mess up and don't do like I did. It all turned out good in the end and it's real easy to glue them in with Epoxy.

The other mess up was by the factory. The Stab Tube was about 1/16 to long. I called Herve and he wanted me to warn everyone reading this to check your stab tube. Do Not Try to force them on. You can crack the stab. I fixed it on my belt sander. Fits perfect. If you have to do this. Drip a little thin CA on the edge of the tube you sanded off to seal the fibers. Be care full not to get to much on there. What I do is drip it on then I wipe the Excess off right away with a paper towel.

Most of the Day was spent shrinking the covering. Cut some masking tape to go around the hinge point holes and glued the hinge points in only on one side. Wings, stabs and the fuse got the Glue today. I'll let it dry overnight then tomorrow I'll use Gorilla glue for the oter side of the hinge points.

The last picture is for ericb or whoever is interested in what the inside of the fuse looks like. I think it has lots of room for such a little plane.

DSC_0025.JPG
DSC_0026.JPG
DSC_0027.JPG
DSC_0028.JPG
DSC_0029.JPG
DSC_0030.JPG
DSC_0031.JPG
DSC_0032.JPG
DSC_0033.JPG
DSC_0034.JPG
DSC_0035.JPG
DSC_0036.JPG
DSC_0037.JPG

Alky6

150cc
Really like the hole punching process in the tape! Lots of cool tips and tricks being shown. Appreciate it! Love seeing how others do things!!

Tseres

150cc
Really like the hole punching process in the tape! Lots of cool tips and tricks being shown. Appreciate it! Love seeing how others do things!!

Thanks. I learned a lot of my stuff from other people. Terry is the one I learned the tape and heating up the Vaseline in a bottom of a pop can. The hole punch came out of nescessity. I had the puncher. I think the other guys are using a hand held punch. They both work.

Tseres

150cc
Finished up gluing the hinges this morning on the Edge. I use Foaming Gorilla Glue for that. I use a Q-Tip to moisten the wood with water. The water helps the G-Glue set off. The glue expands as it foams so you have to make sure you tape it up real good so the foaming don't push the hinge out of place. I'll allow it to sit overnight and do something else on it tomorrow. The Extra is next as soon as get some more masking tape.

DSC_0001.JPG
DSC_0002.JPG
DSC_0003.JPG
DSC_0004.JPG
DSC_0005.JPG
DSC_0006.JPG

Rusty 73

100cc
I have enjoyed the build of both the Edge and Extra , you have some clever ways of the Horbart hinges this is great trick using the wax paper and painters tape . All the hardware for the planes looks great and i like the new style fuel tank thats a few bucks saved the finsh of the planes looks excellent from the photos .
This adds to to my anticipation of receiving my 35% Extra in about a months time . Again thanks for thanking the time to document the build of these two planes , enjoy .:way_to_go:

Tseres

150cc
I have enjoyed the build of both the Edge and Extra , you have some clever ways of the Horbart hinges this is great trick using the wax paper and painters tape . All the hardware for the planes looks great and i like the new style fuel tank thats a few bucks saved the finsh of the planes looks excellent from the photos .
This adds to to my anticipation of receiving my 35% Extra in about a months time . Again thanks for thanking the time to document the build of these two planes , enjoy .:way_to_go:

Thanks. And Thanks for following.

Rusty 73

100cc
I noticed the canopy isn't connect to the forward part of the fuselage . Do you use the canopy glue 56 thats formulate to attach the acrylic canopy to the wood area ?

Tseres

150cc
I noticed the canopy isn't connect to the forward part of the fuselage . Do you use the canopy glue 56 thats formulate to attach the acrylic canopy to the wood area ?
Yes. most of the time. I may show a different way on the Extra. Don't know yet. Stay tuned.