• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DX8 or not?

gyro

GSN Contributor
I've had my Dx8 for over a year now and love it. Only had to send it in once so far as I broke the antenna. I suppose I should check and see if I was one of the guys affected by the gimbal recall... hadn't heard about that one.

I'm not sure exactly what was causing the problems but apparently on some early units weren't centering properly. All recalls should be located on the Spektrum community site located here. http://www.spektrumrc.com/ You will have to create a login if you don't already have one. This is where you get updates for the DX8 as well as some "prebuilt" setups for certain models.

Go to the "Support" drop down and click on "Product Bulletins" for recall information on various Spektrum products.

Login to the "Community" to get updates or model presets.

Last edited by a moderator:

willfly2

30cc
I'm not sure exactly what was causing the problems but apparently on some early units weren't centering properly. All recalls should be located on the Spektrum community site located here. http://www.spektrumrc.com/ You will have to create a login if you don't already have one. This is where you get updates for the DX8 as well as some "prebuilt" setups for certain models.

Go to the "Support" drop down and click on "Product Bulletins" for recall information on various Spektrum products.

Login to the "Community" to get updates or model presets.

Good information PlaneCraz3d
Thank's

wedoitall

i think the problem was with some of the first ones out. if you bought it within the past yr or 2 i dont think youll have anything to worry about.

willfly2

30cc
i think the problem was with some of the first ones out. if you bought it within the past yr or 2 i dont think youll have anything to worry about.

It should be in my hands tomorrow. Just ordered it on Saturday. All should be O.K. Thank's

wedoitall

you getting telemetry also? no matter what brand i use in the future itll have to have telemetry. its probably been a plane saver with me flying in really cold weather.