• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

E-flite Beast 60e Aerobatic RC Plane, ARF

Tim H.

50cc
Very nice pics! I still have one on pre-order. Not in a super big hurry as July and early August have/wil be so packed with other stuff I have to get done I wouldn't be able to build it anyway. It should show up right about the time things settle down for me. I do need to start getting servos and such so I can jump in when it ships. Probably going to go with a CC Talon 90 also. I have one in my Trex 550 and it's been flawless. Can't wait for this Beast!

Right now I'm finishing up drawings for my 50" Sbach Foamy. Not much else to do in the hotels rooms... Hopefully I'll get the plans done this week and I'll post them. It's seriously the best flying foamy I've done so far. Super fun! Here's a link to the video. Please let me know what you guys think. Graphics on the plane in the video were done on my vinyl cutter. Parts were cut on my CNC router. I'm currently re-vamping my CNC setup and downsizing the router. It takes up way too much room in the garage.

I'll be doing a smaller EPP version soon too.

[video=youtube_share;X5edXcBHmn0]http://youtu.be/X5edXcBHmn0[/video]

Cheers,

Tim

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Very nice pics! I still have one on pre-order. Not in a super big hurry as July and early August have/wil be so packed with other stuff I have to get done I wouldn't be able to build it anyway. It should show up right about the time things settle down for me. I do need to start getting servos and such so I can jump in when it ships. Probably going to go with a CC Talon 90 also. I have one in my Trex 550 and it's been flawless. Can't wait for this Beast!

Right now I'm finishing up drawings for my 50" Sbach Foamy. Not much else to do in the hotels rooms... Hopefully I'll get the plans done this week and I'll post them. It's seriously the best flying foamy I've done so far. Super fun! Here's a link to the video. Please let me know what you guys think. Graphics on the plane in the video were done on my vinyl cutter. Parts were cut on my CNC router. I'm currently re-vamping my CNC setup and downsizing the router. It takes up way too much room in the garage.

I'll be doing a smaller EPP version soon too.

[video=youtube_share;X5edXcBHmn0]http://youtu.be/X5edXcBHmn0[/video]

Cheers,

Tim

That foamy looks great and flies sweet!!!

We're all ready for the Beast here.. ALL parts are ready for installation.... If it doesn't ship soon, there is a good chance it'll get bumped behind some other projects :(

Attachments

• beast 1.jpg
    beast 1.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 280
  • beast 2.jpg
    beast 2.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 287
  • beast 3.jpg
    beast 3.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 262
  • beast 4.jpg
    beast 4.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 277
  • beast 5.jpg
    beast 5.jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 245
I'm not setting mine up with AS3X since i fly with a Hitec A9 but i would love if i could. I think it would be fun :flyer:

Why not drop an EagleTree Guardian in there? AS3X effect, 2D (stabilization) and 3D (full heading-hold) options, and master gain control right on the Tx... Just takes a 3-position switch and you can see how it flies with or without on the same flight...

The way I see it, I've had SO much fun with my UMX Beast3D, harriering and HAKE inches off the grass... if this thing can be made to fly even close to the UMX version, I'm in!

-Case

gyro

GSN Contributor
Why not drop an EagleTree Guardian in there? AS3X effect, 2D (stabilization) and 3D (full heading-hold) options, and master gain control right on the Tx... Just takes a 3-position switch and you can see how it flies with or without on the same flight...

The way I see it, I've had SO much fun with my UMX Beast3D, harriering and HAKE inches off the grass... if this thing can be made to fly even close to the UMX version, I'm in!

-Case

How much does an eagletree cost? Have you used one before?

How much does an eagletree cost? Have you used one before?

Oh, wow... sorry for my fever-induced first post! Really, I'm running about a 104 with the flu today... I just re-read what I wrote, and a n0oB preaching a product in post#1 never looks good. Apologies.

Yes, I've used the EagleTree Guardian 2D/3D, the Spektrum AR635, and both generations of the HK 3-axis flight stabilization system. For price, the EagleTree is about in the middle, except that the Spektrum is integrated with the Rx. Then again, I fly Futaba FASST on everything except the planes-in-a-box, and have a good assortment of 617 and Orange Rx's laying around. I don't really consider the Rx a tangible expense.

As far as what each unit does, when they're tuned right for a given airframe, the stabilization of each unit works about the same... if you've flown the little UMX planes and felt they flew like a much larger bird, that's what I'm talking about... You don't want them dialed up so much that the gyro fights your inputs, just something to react instantly to the outside forces like wind. To me, the big advantage of the EagleTree is the gain adjustment on the Tx, and the fact that you can go from no effect to 2D to 3D stabilization by assigning a 3-position switch to that channel. The Spektrum and HK versions both required I land and make an adjustment on the stabilization unit itself.

I've just had so much fun with my UMX Beast, I want something bigger. 60-size seems to have evolved to be my minimum to get excited about, and I want this one to fly just like the little Beast in a box...

-Case

gyro

GSN Contributor
Oh, wow... sorry for my fever-induced first post! Really, I'm running about a 104 with the flu today... I just re-read what I wrote, and a n0oB preaching a product in post#1 never looks good. Apologies.

Yes, I've used the EagleTree Guardian 2D/3D, the Spektrum AR635, and both generations of the HK 3-axis flight stabilization system. For price, the EagleTree is about in the middle, except that the Spektrum is integrated with the Rx. Then again, I fly Futaba FASST on everything except the planes-in-a-box, and have a good assortment of 617 and Orange Rx's laying around. I don't really consider the Rx a tangible expense.

As far as what each unit does, when they're tuned right for a given airframe, the stabilization of each unit works about the same... if you've flown the little UMX planes and felt they flew like a much larger bird, that's what I'm talking about... You don't want them dialed up so much that the gyro fights your inputs, just something to react instantly to the outside forces like wind. To me, the big advantage of the EagleTree is the gain adjustment on the Tx, and the fact that you can go from no effect to 2D to 3D stabilization by assigning a 3-position switch to that channel. The Spektrum and HK versions both required I land and make an adjustment on the stabilization unit itself.

I've just had so much fun with my UMX Beast, I want something bigger. 60-size seems to have evolved to be my minimum to get excited about, and I want this one to fly just like the little Beast in a box...

-Case

I hope you feel better... and welcome to the site! I wasn't questioning your knowledge of the item. It would seem I am more of the noob, as I'm not familiar with the system you recommend.
We have the AR635 for our Beast (whenever it arrives :banghead:) but I was thinking about trying it on another airplane in the mean time. Sounds like the Eagle Tree is a killer system.
Personally, I won't put any HK electronics in my airplanes, but this system sounds cool, especially the transmitter control ability.

Thanks for bringing this into our discussion.

-G