• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

E-flite Beast 60e Aerobatic RC Plane, ARF

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
IMO the cortex is the first choice when it comes to gyos. im super impressed with the few that i have, and letting other people fly my 72 extra with them they all seemed impressed

gyro

GSN Contributor
IMO the cortex is the first choice when it comes to gyos. im super impressed with the few that i have, and letting other people fly my 72 extra with them they all seemed impressed

Can you tell us a little more about it?

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
Can you tell us a little more about it?

sure. its a 3 axis gyro made by bavarian demon (formerly helicommand). the best part about it is the simple setup. Mount it straight (basically pointing a certain direction and square to the thrust line), and plug in all the servos. comes with a harness that plugs into the rx. then to program it there are 2 steps. first step is to show it full deflection on the surfaces. it has a certain order, and you show it full right and left aileron, up and down elevator, and left and right rudder. that makes it ready for the first flight. then to "trim" it, you basically up the only adjustment, gain, until you get aileron rock at full throttle in a straight and level line. the way to adjust the gyro gain is through an EPA adjustment on whatever channel you plug the sensor wire into. there are no buttons on the gyro case (which i absolutely love), and the best part is the performance. it doesnt restrict you or hold you back in the air at all. I dont even think about the gyro during flight, it is setup and i dont touch any switches associated with it. the best way to describe it is that it makes the airplane feel super crisp, and makes it feel like you are flying in a simulator with no wind.

Diggity

70cc twin V2
sure. its a 3 axis gyro made by bavarian demon (formerly helicommand). the best part about it is the simple setup. Mount it straight (basically pointing a certain direction and square to the thrust line), and plug in all the servos. comes with a harness that plugs into the rx. then to program it there are 2 steps. first step is to show it full deflection on the surfaces. it has a certain order, and you show it full right and left aileron, up and down elevator, and left and right rudder. that makes it ready for the first flight. then to "trim" it, you basically up the only adjustment, gain, until you get aileron rock at full throttle in a straight and level line. the way to adjust the gyro gain is through an EPA adjustment on whatever channel you plug the sensor wire into. there are no buttons on the gyro case (which i absolutely love), and the best part is the performance. it doesnt restrict you or hold you back in the air at all. I dont even think about the gyro during flight, it is setup and i dont touch any switches associated with it. the best way to describe it is that it makes the airplane feel super crisp, and makes it feel like you are flying in a simulator with no wind.

+1 Thanks for the pull on it in Knoxville. The Cortex is pretty amazing!!