• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Edge540 Hybrid 55" Rainy Day with Santiago Perez!

Pete

50cc
Awesome vid and flying! Sounds pretty windy and the EPP seems to hold it's own. Super agile and crazy response! What did you use for the power system? It's got lots of power!

The power set up in this Edge is a 6s 2800mAh to 3300mAh. The heavier batteries really helps this Edge carry the high "whip" factor in the tumbles!

syzyguy

50cc
Thanks for the info [MENTION=2579]Pete[/MENTION].... I am running 2650... I will try kicking it up a little heavier too.

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
Thanks for the info [MENTION=2579]Pete[/MENTION].... I am running 2650... I will try kicking it up a little heavier too.
[MENTION=3972]syzyguy[/MENTION] I'm running 2700 6S with a 200g motor, I think that might be the sweet spot. I'm not sure I'd like it to be much heavier. My buddy is running a lightweight 4S setup, I've flown it and for me it's definitely too light, especially if there is much wind. Your signature says you fly at 7000 feet, if that is true, I would think you'd want to go lighter with the reduce lift you much be experiencing.

And BTW we had a nice selection of the hybrids at the field yesterday:)

Attachments

• Aerobeez 4.jpg
    Aerobeez 4.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 298
Last edited by a moderator:

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
[MENTION=3972]syzyguy[/MENTION] I'm running 2700 6S with a 200g motor, I think that might be the sweet spot. I'm not sure I'd like it to be much heavier. My buddy is running a lightweight 4S setup, I've flown it and for me it's definitely too light, especially if there is much wind. Your signature says you fly at 7000 feet, if that is true, I would think you'd want to go lighter with the reduce lift you much be experiencing.

And BTW we had a nice selection of the hybrids at the field yesterday:)

Very nice :cool:

I'm kind of dumbfounded that an EPP 55" is able to do crankshaft's and pop tops!!!??!

Pete

50cc
@syzguy I have found and like 6s up to 2800mAh to be best. 3300mAh flies them well but is a bit heavier is all. [MENTION=2902]Bloosee[/MENTION] Sounds like he has the best set up. Can you chime in with your exact motor/esc? Thanks! [MENTION=2902]Bloosee[/MENTION]
[MENTION=3822]Xpress[/MENTION] When I tested the first 55" Edge, I was super exited to see the capability of all the high inertia maneuvers. Then she still is amazing at low and slow too! Best of both and durability!

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
@syzguy I have found and like 6s up to 2800mAh to be best. 3300mAh flies them well but is a bit heavier is all. [MENTION=2902]Bloosee[/MENTION] Sounds like he has the best set up. Can you chime in with your exact motor/esc? Thanks! [MENTION=2902]Bloosee[/MENTION]
[MENTION=3822]Xpress[/MENTION] When I tested the first 55" Edge, I was super exited to see the capability of all the high inertia maneuvers. Then she still is amazing at low and slow too! Best of both and durability!

[MENTION=2579]Pete[/MENTION], sure thing. And I also want to say, yes this plane can do it all, snaps, tumbles, pop-tops, blenders, it carries it's momentum and energy very well, just like a balsa plane. I've just recently discovered it does the most beautiful waterfalls ever, so easy, barely even needs rudder corrections.

My setup is the Hengli 200g motor with TP 6S 2700's and a Xoar 14x7 prop. It's a 1000 watt power system, and given the weight of the plane should be putting out a a minimum of 200 watts/lb. I got the motor here http://usa.wattaplane.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=169 I believe it was designed with the Skywing hybrid 55" planes in mind. I was hoping Ken at Motrofly could custom wind a 3615 for 6S but he didn't seem to think that would work, and was reluctant to try. There isn't many options in a 200g motor for 6S.

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
Very nice :cool:

I'm kind of dumbfounded that an EPP 55" is able to do crankshaft's and pop tops!!!??!
[MENTION=3822]Xpress[/MENTION], come by the Mission Bay club sometime and I'll let you demo the 55", just PM me if you are interested.