• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

EF 48" Laser EXP

Mine Came! Tightened up the covering and ran thin CA over the joints last night. Moving forward with assembly later on today.

Wing Fitment Issue

Well I pretty much have the Laser EXP all together. I went to bolt up the wings. The right wing fits fine but the left wing is not lining up properly to the fuse. I think that the anti-rotation pin was not installed straight at the factory and that is causing the problem. Has anyone else ran into this before? I put a call in to EF, but it is Saturday so they are closed. Here are some pictures, maybe I am overlooking something?

Laser EXP Wing Issue (1).jpgLaser EXP Wing Issue (2).jpgLaser EXP Wing Issue (5).jpgLaser EXP Wing Issue (4).jpgLaser EXP Wing Issue (6).jpg

hone

150cc
Hmm that's strange. The only time i had that happen was when i accidentally got some of the servo wire stuck between the fuse and wing but from your pics that doesn't look to be the issue. I would just make sure there is nothing in the way and that the wing tube is slid all the way into the other wing.

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
The anti rotaion pin is at the rear of the wing, so that wouldn't be preventing the front from seating down. Have you checked if the wing joiner tube is maybe a bit over-length?. if i recall right the one on my Laser (at least i think it was the Laser) was 2 or 3 mm too long meaning it bottomed out in the holes in the wing and wouldn't let the wings sit down flush to the fus . I just wrapped a bit of tape round the tube about 3mm from the end to act as a guide and sanded the tube down.

Yeah i think that the anti-rotation pin is not straight going into the fuse. It is like the pin won't let the leading edge of the wing set flush with the fuse. I wish I would have tried to mount the wings before I did so much work. I am hoping a new wing panel will fix it as that is alot less work than a new fuse and tail section. I will talk to EF on Monday and figure something out I guess. I somehow always seem to be the guy that gets a messed up kit.

The anti rotaion pin is at the rear of the wing, so that wouldn't be preventing the front from seating down. Have you checked if the wing joiner tube is maybe a bit over-length?. if i recall right the one on my Laser (at least i think it was the Laser) was 2 or 3 mm too long meaning it bottomed out in the holes in the wing and wouldn't let the wings sit down flush to the fus . I just wrapped a bit of tape round the tube about 3mm from the end to act as a guide and sanded the tube down.

I will double check that. The reason I think it is the pin is because it is binding and kind of fighting the wing tube.

Nope, not the wing tube length. I took the wing tube out and put the wing up to the fuse without it. No matter what angle I held it at I could not get the blind nut and mounting tab holes to line up.

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
ok, not the tube. it's hard to understand how the wing wont seat down if you dont even have the wing tube installed. Is it catching the edge of the recess? What's physically stopping it going on?

As an experiment you could try installing the right wing on the left and the left wing on the right (turn them upside down). This will at least show if it's the wing or the fuselage that the issue.