• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

EF 60 Laser

shotgun;4814 wrote: Justin is really liking his. I am actually thinking about getting one for myself. Heck, we used to fly them before they became cool. But, that was a looong time ago.

Can you see it when you are space huckin?

Im finally gonna be able to get this thing done tonite!! Off work at 11p, home by 1130, and super glue in hand by 1135p. No beer! Maybe thats why my airplanes tend to fall apart.....

Bunky F. Knuckle;6044 wrote: Im finally gonna be able to get this thing done tonite!! Off work at 11p, home by 1130, and super glue in hand by 1135p. No beer! Maybe thats why my airplanes tend to fall apart.....

NO beer. Then, Crown it is!!!!!

Aileron hinges glued, pushrods made, airplane programmed. Just need to ream out each prop for the Scorpion motor, then I can test fly! :biggrin-new:

Time to crash! Errr, um..... hit the hay.

Taildraggerrc

70cc twin V2
How did it go other than the heavy packs? I got 4000 mah for mine and can still tell the weight from the 3700 I borrowed from Hinson..

Same thing on my Corvus.. All I had was the 8000 mah packs from my cub. Plus the rimfire 65cc is heavy anyhow.. It flew great but heavy.

To my surprise it still had no rocking tendency in high alpha. Just faster!

Not much trim needed. I think 3 clicks up trim, and 2 clicks right ail..... My buddy who was out flying helis with me at the field today, started out like, thats a turd! Then I hit the juice!! Told him on that upline, yeah........ Around 330W/lb! He hushed about the power!

The 15x8 APC E really cavitates in a hover. I'm hoping that the 16x8 APC E takes care of that. It felt a tad out of control, but it was totally managable. CG felt good, even with the 6S 5K's onboard, slightly nose heavy. Rx is located at the canopy former, down low, nearest the air outlet. I didn't have enough time to swap out the 6.6V pake for my 2S LiPo for the Rx. So, it did seem like some of it felt a bit sluggish. I'm gonna change the Rx packs out, and fly again on Thursday.

That is what I noticed about this Laser. Drop down in elevators, is virtually flat! I don't have long enough control horns on the servos to get the full 80* travel on ailerons and elevators. Rudder control horn is perfect from Savox. So, gonna place a little Du-Bro order tonite for some servo horns, and also locate a 16x7 Xoar PJN E prop.

Bunky F. Knuckle;6495 wrote: Put 2 flights on it. Cool!!!! Definately need some lighter weight 6S packs...... But the 5000 will work for now.

I feel an "I told ya so" coming from Justin. Just kidding. I know that he is flying with a pair of 3000s and getting around seven minute flight times, with a little to spare. And, it does fly light.