• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

EF 60 Laser

Hey Bunky,

What servo arms are you using? Do the servos come with some adequate arms, or are you using aftermarket?

The servo arms that come with the servos are adaquete... I used the single arm. Rudder throw is perfect with the supplied servo arm. But I don't get the throw like I know I can get with it on aileron and elevator. I bought a set of Du-Bro servo arms, the HD ones from Tower for $9. I'm gonna try them this week. I noticed some slop in the servo horn to output shaft. I'd rather not install alum arms on these servos, but if the Du-Bro's have slop, I will have no choice but to.

O

Ohio AV8TOR

Bunky F. Knuckle;8694 wrote: I bought a set of Du-Bro servo arms, the HD ones from Tower for $9. I'm gonna try them this week. I noticed some slop in the servo horn to output shaft. I'd rather not install alum arms on these servos, but if the Du-Bro's have slop, I will have no choice but to.

Keep an eye on those arms as several of us has had the splines loosen up in the 75-100 flight range especially on the elevator.

O

Ohio AV8TOR

Bunky F. Knuckle;8858 wrote: The DuBros??

Yes. Doc Austin made some posts about his so we started checking them and sure enough my elevator powered on I could rotate the arm which had developed gap in the spline. Mine had 125 flight on it at the time.

Tseres

150cc
I use Align arms on mine. If they hold up to Helies they should hold up to planes. I believe Futaba arms will fit it also.

8957=3192-DSC_0003.jpg
8957=3192-DSC_0003.jpg

I like that style, Tom. Good find! :) The arms that come with the servos are Futaba splined. So those single Align servo arms would be ideal!

Tseres

150cc
Bunky F. Knuckle;9008 wrote: I like that style, Tom. Good find! :) The arms that come with the servos are Futaba splined. So those single Align servo arms would be ideal!

Can't take credit for the arms. Brian set me up with them.

Do you know what the length of the arm is, Tom?

With the rain scare today, I didn't go flying. I was dying to try out the new Glacier 6S 3700's in this Laser. It quit raining about 2 hours ago. I was too busy in the basement working on a Corvus to go flying. Good progress tho!

Tseres

150cc
Just measured. The outside hole is close to 7/8. The inside hole is a little less then 3/4. They must be metric.