• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D EF 83 MXS Thread

O

Ohio AV8TOR

I ordered some awesomeness from B&E for my 83 with a couple of new graphics, can't wait to put them on. Planes look naked without graphics.

O

Ohio AV8TOR

Box of joy came tonight from Eric at B&E, going to be a fun evening

attachment.php

17222=11749-graphics1.jpg
17222=11749-graphics1.jpg

O

Ohio AV8TOR

Well I got in my maiden today and I am so pleased. Special thanks to Capt. Roll for the extra set of eyes and "thumbs" today. So new plane and new VVRC 40 motor and both performed flawlessly. First flight was a little rich and leaned it out a scosh and had better top end (still a little dirty from the exhaust) As I am trying to break in the motor I did not want to have any low to no speed flying I basically limited it to rolling circles some big loops and knife edge. From what I saw this has a "lot" of authority from all control surfaces and even in low rate rollers were easy. In some PM communication with Liberty10, Alan feels that maybe max elevator needed may be 60º and he may be right. CG was so spot on for me balanced right on the wing tube. I did not have to input "any" trim clicks to any surface. That was a first, even knife edge did not want to push in any way although be careful with rudder as you do not need much. Landings were pretty easy with no feeling that it will quit flying if you go too slow. It wants to float but will slow down if you let it with easy flairs to landing.

The VVRC40 ran wonderful and everything you hear about the smooth idle is true. Absolutely no problem idling on asphalt without moving. Throttle response is smooth with no hesitation. For breaking I am using the popular Vess 20B.

Got some time on my Motrolfly 5335-195 one today.  For the first time I flew it with just the SFGs and this is clearly the combo for me.  Still have a high roll rate, but it cleaned up some of the slow flying and stopped some of the high wing loading tendancies as mine is a bit porky on 12s 5300s.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
The last time I had my cowl off I located a single hole that could be used for both needle adjustments. The location of course cannot be done running but makes little tweaks after shut down very easy now and barely noticeable.
IMG_3206.JPG

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I am really close to pulling the trigger on a 120cc PAU Edge 540 and if so my beloved MXS needs to go. If anyone is interested in and around the Texas area I will drive half way.
MXS_086.JPG