• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D EF 83 MXS Thread

O

Ohio AV8TOR

The fuel dot is very easy to do as there is a laser cut hole on the ply sides. I really like using a Wolverine switch for battery redundancy. There is really only one way to do this in the location I mounted it because it is so tight. On all of my Wolverine switches installs I like to pre glue/epoxy the standoff tube on the back of the circuit board as they are a real pita if you don't. In this case that is a must because of this location. There are two large laser cut holes that make it possible to slide in. All cutouts were made from the outside in. After the first install I was not happy because the switches did not protrude far enough so I removed it and passed a Dremel with a sanding disk over the tubes to shorten them which allowed the switch levers to protrude more.

1591=785-MXS_018.jpg
1591=785-MXS_018.jpg
1591=786-MXS_019.jpg
1591=786-MXS_019.jpg

O

Ohio AV8TOR

Wow really nice touch having a plastic guide tube in a rear bulkheads for the rudder cables to pass through.

O

Ohio AV8TOR

I am glad how the small yogurt cups worked for cooling baffles. The heads of the VVRC40 are slightly inward to catch all of the air going through. These cups fit the back side of the inlets. All it took was cutting some angle to it to direct the air over the complete head.

4410=1746-MXS_032.jpg
4410=1746-MXS_032.jpg
4410=1747-MXS_035.jpg
4410=1747-MXS_035.jpg
4410=1748-MXS_036.jpg
4410=1748-MXS_036.jpg

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Ohio AV8TOR;4410 wrote: I am glad how the small yogurt cups worked for cooling baffles. The heads of the VVRC40 are slightly inward to catch all of the air going through. These cups fit the back side of the inlets. All it took was cutting some angle to it to direct the air over the complete head.

I've been considering this plane, and was thinking about a 50 on it, but following your build, that VV40 sure makes for a clean install.

O

Ohio AV8TOR

ChickenBalls;4596 wrote: I've been considering this plane, and was thinking about a 50 on it, but following your build, that VV40 sure makes for a clean install.

It took a while for this plane to arrive after seeing early prototype so I did a fare share of looking. There are many flying the 78" EF Extra with the VVRC40 and that is what hooked me. Great idle too from what I see, plus it justs looks cool seeing heads where they are supposed to be.