• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Eflite Beast 60e

Drew

70cc twin V2
Aligned and glued in stab.

SAM_0229.JPG

SAM_0230.JPG

Manual says to use thin CA here and keep flowing it in. Works really well. Dont forget to put the elevator joiner in before you glue !!!

SAM_0231.JPG

Clean up with alcohol and acetone if needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowDog

Yes Drew, excellent build with detailed pictures!

One question: how did you secure the servo extension wires to the upper wing struts? I don't see any tie-wraps, but they look so clean, so they must be attached somehow....?

Drew

70cc twin V2
Yes Drew, excellent build with detailed pictures!

One question: how did you secure the servo extension wires to the upper wing struts? I don't see any tie-wraps, but they look so clean, so they must be attached somehow....?

They are actually just pulled real tight. The manual says to secure with clear tape once final. They feed threw the upper strut hole and once the strut is attached and tightened, they wont move. I'm still thinking about how to hide them, maybe black electrical tape and some small tie wraps, not sure yet.

Sarlacc

50cc
I used heat shrink on mine to clean them up a little.
Have you flown yours yet? Mine had a NASTY snap to the right tendency on a really hard up elevator, bad enough that I found a new home for it with the quickness. Very attractive on the ground, and an attention whore, but I didn't like it in the sky. Very hard for me to see against the green tree line that is on 3 sides of our field.

Drew

70cc twin V2
I used heat shrink on mine to clean them up a little.
Have you flown yours yet? Mine had a NASTY snap to the right tendency on a really hard up elevator, bad enough that I found a new home for it with the quickness. Very attractive on the ground, and an attention whore, but I didn't like it in the sky. Very hard for me to see against the green tree line that is on 3 sides of our field.

I thought about the heat shrink or a black snakeskin wrap, something of that nature.

As for the nasty snap, might be because it only has one elevator servo and the elevator halves joined makes one weaker. One side might have not been able to keep up with the hard elevator therefor doing a snap. Haven't flown it yet, I'm posting as I build it. Hopefully next week it will be done and ready to maiden.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drew

70cc twin V2
Ok, I got a little more done in the last few nights.

Finished up the aileron servo trays.

I use the screw to mark the hole then removes servo and drill. Don't try to make the hole with the screw, the block will crack.

SAM_0232.JPG

SAM_0234.JPG

SAM_0235.JPG

Then tap the screw into the hole.

SAM_0236.JPG

Remove screw and flow a little thin CA into the hole to strengthen it.

SAM_0237.JPG

Done......

SAM_0239.JPG

Drew

70cc twin V2
Installed servos into the wings.

Horizon puts these nice little pull strings into the wings to make this super easy.

SAM_0258.JPG

SAM_0256.JPG

Pull the wire threw....

SAM_0259.JPG

Made up the 4 control rods, all the exact same length.

SAM_0253.JPG

Control rod hardware.

SAM_0254.JPG

Screws for mounting servo tray.

SAM_0262.JPG

Done.....

SAM_0263.JPG

SAM_0268.JPG

Plenty of throw !!!

SAM_0266.JPG

SAM_0267.JPG

Drew

70cc twin V2
Next I epoxied in the wing strut mounts for the wing struts.

There is a upper wing mount and a lower wing mount, make sure you pay attention here. I marked them with a red pin once I figured them out.

SAM_0271.JPG

SAM_0272.JPG

SAM_0273.JPG

The struts only install one way, make sure you get this right when checking the alignment.

SAM_0274.JPG

SAM_0275.JPG

Kit comes with these retaining pins for holding them in place. I couldn't get them to go all the way in just yet, but I'm sure they will loosen up after a few times inserting them.

SAM_0276.JPG

SAM_0278.JPG

Wings are done.....