• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

EG 100cc Slick 540 from Aztech Aeromodels

hone

150cc
Hey joe what wingbags you useing

I'm using the double wing bag that tower sells similar to this one http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?I=LXJXE5&P=8
I'd have to double check the size though. I bought mine used off a guy that had it labeled as being for 40% wings. Downside is there aren't any slots for the stabs like the SpotOnRC bag.
The wings are just a little too big for 35% wing bags though.
I can't remember the name but there is a place that will custom make ones for you for a pretty good price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe can you get me the measurements of the wings I'm Gona get a quote to get a set made Need measurement. Need width at root and the width to the tip and then the length if the wing

hone

150cc
Sorry it took so long to check but the wing length is 51", root is 24 1/2", and the tip is 13 1/4".

hone

150cc
Got the stripes on my wings and stabs done. Once I get a throttle servo I'll be firing her up.

I'll be going with the same scheme as my first Slick but plan to wait a while before installing the vinyl. Going to get the engine broken in first.

SnowDog

Got the stripes on my wings and stabs done. Once I get a throttle servo I'll be firing her up.

I'll be going with the same scheme as my first Slick but plan to wait a while before installing the vinyl. Going to get the engine broken in first.

ahhh...the wisdom bought with costly experience... ;)

hone

150cc
ahhh...the wisdom bought with costly experience... ;)

Lol first one was broken in and would have had the vinyl on it anyway. Thought I had a low idle problem but turns out my throttle servo was the problem.

Was a Hitec but now going to use a savox 1267 or 1268.

Last edited by a moderator:

hone

150cc
Got my cowl cut out and my throttle servo set up. I went with a savox 1273tg for the throttle.

Ran the gp123 v2 yesterday and got 6650 rpm peak with the falcon 29x9 and it settled around 6550.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Got my cowl cut out and my throttle servo set up. I went with a savox 1273tg for the throttle.

Ran the gp123 v2 yesterday and got 6650 rpm peak with the falcon 29x9 and it settled around 6550.

She's got a little power eh?