• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

EG 100cc Slick 540 from Aztech Aeromodels

hone

150cc
Forgot the picture of the cowl. I decided to cut just the cowl and not open the vents on this one. uploadfromtaptalk1397836623461.jpg

SnowDog

I'm surprised you didn't open the vents...any particular reason? It seems like it would provide better airflow than just that open space behind the pipes?

Just a little :p

Seriously though, this thing is going to be a rocket. I haven't weighed my plane but it's probably around 28lbs

If my calculations is right mine will be between 26.5 and 27 I put it on scale the other day had everything on there but engine and it was 20.5 pounds

hone

150cc
I'm surprised you didn't open the vents...any particular reason? It seems like it would provide better airflow than just that open space behind the pipes?

On the last one I left the pipe tunnel open and opened the vents. Worked great but the bottom looked a little busy with all the holes.
On this one I blocked the pipe tunnel off with the provided wood cutout so the air can't enter the tunnel. I also baffled the engine.
Azhar has a few set up this way with no issues.

hone

150cc
If my calculations is right mine will be between 26.5 and 27 I put it on scale the other day had everything on there but engine and it was 20.5 pounds

That sounds about right. 27lbs.
I think Azhar told me it would be 28 with cans.

hone

150cc
Had a successful maiden flight with the new Slick this morning. Flies wonderful just like the first one :) I'm so happy with how it came out!

Can't wait to get the engine broken in so I can really huck this thing!

hone

150cc
[MENTION=95]Aeroplayin[/MENTION] I noticed you mention you didn't like barn door ailerons and thought I should mention the ailerons of the EG Slick do taper.

One thing I've been interested in experimenting with is the difference between having counter balances on the ailerons and no counter balance.

I'd never do such an experiment on this plane though as it flies great as is. I'd just like to experience the difference first hand to see what works best and for what reason.

Last edited by a moderator: