• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Electric Pilots.

I know it's far from a giant scale plane, but I'm about to kit a Sig Kadet LT-25 that will be an electric night flyer. Not sure what I'm going to power it with though. I'll start a build thread when I get to the lighting and covering part.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Pikots...that's pronounced< pie-cots> pilots who utilize EMF (electro motative force) for propulsion...we need to submit this new word to Websters

clt12981...I'm messing with you too..

I thought I was never going to read you again! Good to read you MIKE :shake:.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I know it's far from a giant scale plane, but I'm about to kit a Sig Kadet LT-25 that will be an electric night flyer. Not sure what I'm going to power it with though. I'll start a build thread when I get to the lighting and covering part.

I got some Turnigy motors and speed controls for Cheaper than Cheap that are basically brand new. G32 or the NTM 42
20160412_154526.jpg
20160410_151701.jpg
20160410_151708.jpg

The G32 600kv or NTM 42 750kv would haul the LT 25 VERY nicely.
I personally bought them to test their quality when I decided to do a couple of nice electrics. I went with the SK3 aerodrives at a higher cost but they are not that expensive either.

I went over all the motors and properly set shaft's, oiled bearings. and gapped the bells.

Wild man

70cc twin V2
For the past 4 years electrics are the only thing I have been flying, War birds(single motor and twins) Civil air craft( mostly on floats off snow here in SD or the lakes and damns in the Summer, Electric Racers, and EDF's(single motors and Twin) in the 70, 80 and 90mm range My Favorite is the new Twin 80mm A-10 Wart Hog From Motion RC and last but not least electric Heli's a blade 250 and an older Blade 550 and of coarse elec. 3der's. All have to say to you all is Welcome to the 21 Century the best is yet to come.

Last edited: