• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Epoxy...favorite mixing cups?

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
Sorry guys but I'm not using a cup but the 3M gun. It's straight and mix the best. I know it's not cheep but it's the best for what I do if I need to fix something also with the nozzle I can get exactly where I need to and with the right amount of epoxy that I can choose from all different tips. 100, 420, 460 and so on...

Mikeq

150cc
Sorry guys but I'm not using a cup but the 3M gun. It's straight and mix the best. I know it's not cheep but it's the best for what I do if I need to fix something also with the nozzle I can get exactly where I need to and with the right amount of epoxy that I can choose from all different tips. 100, 420, 460 and so on...

I used 3m guns before just not on model aircraft...this bunch is using straws and stirring sticks from bars and cups from Starbucks then its safe to assume they'll never buy the epoxy guns...LOL

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
Well for me it's worth the time and effort but you can't argue with taste some love their coffee with sugar some don't.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I don't use a lot of epoxy because it's heavy, but when I do I'll typically mix with a lager stick on a flat scrap of wood.....just like body filler. Especially for 5-10 minute epoxy (and 20 minute finishing resin) because the smaller more confined space the mixed material is in the quicker it will kick. When I mix finishing resin I mix it in a cup and then pour into a pie plate or similar.

Mixing guns are great, but depending on the project you may well waste as much in the mixing tip as you use and then the tip is either trash or more time to clean than it's worth......unless there is more info to be had on them??

I use the small mixing cups also. I love that they are calibrated for perfect mixing. If you look around you can find them cheap. These are $3 for 100. Then I go to the craft store and get like 1000 Popsicle sticks for a couple bucks and I am set for a long time.

fb831ff18a173ebf7d09cdb393deb149.image.180x125.jpg

Yup!!! I use these as well!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I don't use a lot of epoxy because it's heavy, but when I do I'll typically mix with a lager stick on a flat scrap of wood.....just like body filler. Especially for 5-10 minute epoxy (and 20 minute finishing resin) because the smaller more confined space the mixed material is in the quicker it will kick. When I mix finishing resin I mix it in a cup and then pour into a pie plate or similar.

Mixing guns are great, but depending on the project you may well waste as much in the mixing tip as you use and then the tip is either trash or more time to clean than it's worth......unless there is more info to be had on them??
That's always been my thoughts. Just too inconsistent to get the right mixture. Much easier to use a mixing board. More often than not these days, Epoxy and me are spending less time together. Firewalls, landing gear plates, hinges...that's about it. For everything else, thin CA to set, Medium CA to permanently secure. Good wood glue for joining skins and sheeting....