• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Extreme Flight 104 Extra 300

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Not much but I was able to start the assembly of my Extra this evening. Drilled the mounting holes for my GP123 and then painted the motor box area. Probably won't get much more done this weekend as the weather is going to be nice for flying.

Painted Motorbox.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
After installing the pilot and support decking in my 104 the cg came out neutral with a full tank of gas (32oz) and is slightly tail heavy after a 12 min flight and just under 1/3 tank of fuel left. For my type of flying I think this is where I will leave it. May just put additional expo on the elevator with the throttle down switch so landing is un-eventful for I normally stay in my 3D rates when I land. I really need to try and do some precision work for a change with it and just stay on low rates lol.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry

Attachments

• Photo216.jpg
    Photo216.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 330
  • Photo220.jpg
    Photo220.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Receiver batt's (pig tail in pic with tie downs) are just behind wing tube. Ignition battery where the cowl starts.
Using ProFlow front dump cans.

Did you mean Rex or me? will get better pics.

Attachments

• Photo269.jpg
    Photo269.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 310
  • Photo270.jpg
    Photo270.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 281
  • Photo271.jpg
    Photo271.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
Receiver batt's (pig tail in pic with tie downs) are just behind wing tube. Ignition battery where the cowl starts.
Using ProFlow front dump cans.

Did you mean Rex or me? will get a better pics.

I meant you. I'm trying to get an idea where to mount my batts. With your setup I would have thought mounting the batts near the front of the gas tank would be better. I'm thinking right near the wing tube for mine. Stock exhaust. I'll temporarily mount the batts for the first time out. Then tweak them from there. Once I find a good spot I'll permanently mount them.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
That's the best thing to do. When I flew it with out the pilot and deck it was slightly nose heavy at the end of the flight and would glide just a little hotter than I like. Where I have it now I can land it with all power off and it slows very quickly for minimal roll out.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Even if you are using in cowl exhaust or cans the rx batteries are ending up in most... either just in front of the wing tube or just behind it.

I opted for lighter little less capacity lipos. At 2200mah x2 and 2200mah on ignition I can get a good four 12 minute flights with all packs still over 1000 mah. I finally weighed mine and with the added weight of the pilot and deck, engine ducting, cans, I am at 28lbs 3oz. Flies exceptionally well but I think some guys are cutting out the pipe tunnel and going minimal and getting it down to 26 lbs or so.

I think you are really going to be surprised and "extremely" happy with it. Best of success to you.