• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Extreme Flight 104 Extra 300

I put a J&J on mine right out of the box. You can just use the bushing that comes with the stock setup no problem. I did a little mod on mine to get a little more distance between the rudder and the ground. I CA'd two balsa plates together and coated them with CA. Then painted it black. I used a polyurethane spacer I had sitting around.

The tiller is the easiest way to go. Also I prefer the better steering control.

Attachments

• 20150102_195501.jpg
    20150102_195501.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
My tail wheel assembly is getting a little tired and old so I'm looking for a suitable upgrade. I've checked out J&J and WRE already and man they are nice!! I'm sure there are others as well so if any of you guys have any suggestions of what you're using or have used in the past let me know. Also if you have any pics I'd like to see them.
Check out Ohio Superstar. I have them on all my planes.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Maybe i missed it, but if you're not hooking up a servo to the inboards, how will you secure them in position?

BTW - I borrowed my friend Steve Stanton's split aileron 104 for an IMAC contest in 2013. Flew it with just the outboards for the contest. It really tamed the roll rate, although we set up a snap condition to give a bit more throw for cleaner/snaps.

Landing with the inboards as flaps was really cool....could slow it to almost a walking pace, without being in a harrier attitude.

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
One of the guys I work with is a bow hunter and he makes his own arrows. The arrow shaft is a 7.5mm CF tube and when he cuts them to his finished length he gives me the "scrap" pieces.

I went ahead and removed the inboard hinges and then bored the hinge holes to accept a piece of the 7.5mm tube. For each hinge location I used a piece that is 2.5" long; half of the CF tube is expoxied in the wing and the other half is in the aileron. The inboard section of the ailerons isn't going to move or flex; very solid mount. If I ever want to make it functional all I need to do is cut each CF tube at the hinge line. It just happened to work out that the ID of the 7.5mm tube is a great fit for the Robart 3/16" hinges. Glue in 5 hinges for each inboard ailerons, mount the servo and I'll have functioning ailerons again.

Want some syrup with that pancake? :welcome:

Now seriously did the titanium bracket/wire bend?

Hey yakken look at me, I'm still only 15cc.

mjg0808

50cc
I put a J&J on mine right out of the box. You can just use the bushing that comes with the stock setup no problem. I did a little mod on mine to get a little more distance between the rudder and the ground. I CA'd two balsa plates together and coated them with CA. Then painted it black. I used a polyurethane spacer I had sitting around.

The tiller is the easiest way to go. Also I prefer the better steering control.
I think this is what I'll be doing.. Thanks for the pic.

Check out Ohio Superstar. I have them on all my planes.
I really like the price on those and I think if I didn't like the look of the J & J I would definitely be getting one!