• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 76/83" MXS

Aeroplayin

70cc twin V2
One of my good flying buddies will be coming down I-75 from Minnesota in late September and maybe he can be convinced to pick up two on the way down. I know he wants a red gas version, and I want a yellow e-version.... I hope he's reading this. :)

When I was at Nall I kept telling myself to go over the EF tent to get some backup 60" planes (they had no big stuff for sale). Early in the week there was just the Dussia's there and no one to take my money the times I went by. We got rained out of our camp spot and we left, but picking stuff up at events or trade shows is a great way to get them. I am still kicking myself for not picking up a 89 slick at WRAM 2 years ago. If I get a 106 Edge, it is going to be in this manner.

Aeroplayin

70cc twin V2
There is always someone from our club at just about all the big events in the southeast, and they usually have room to bring back some planes. Sometimes it's not always easy, or a direct trip home. When one club member picked up the 104 Extra for Frank, he didn't realize how big it was, or how much stuff he was going to buy himself. He gave it to someone else that had room in their camper, who flies on the other coast of Florida, and it ended up taking a day trip to pick it up. Still not a bad deal actually, when you think of how good that plane is.

It also says a lot when you think of what we go through to get EF planes. I now have Troy Built, Graves RC, PAU, Bob's HobbyCenter, Chief Aircraft, Wrongway, Red Aero, and Espritmodels, within a 3.5 hour drive. Frank could have stopped along the way at any of these places and picked up 3D/XA plane from 3DHS, SebArt, Aeroworks, Pilot RC, EG, Redwing, Slipstream, Great Planes, Hangar 9, and Krill, but kept driving to pick up the Extreme Flight 104 Extra. I would too.

AKfreak

150cc
Stopping at the factory/retailer, then there is tax too right? When I was interested in buying the PAU 540t, I asked does he take stock to shows/events, he said, "no"

The only folks who get deals on planes are friends and sponsored people. The rest of us, who keep the wheels turning, just pay the price. I guess it's a personal choice to decide who you want to help with your money.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aeroplayin

70cc twin V2
Some will process the payment online and allow for warehouse pickups. If you're in the same state, you will pay tax regardless. Sometimes there's a special price for events, and you won't know this without being at the event. Not having to travel back with boxes if there's only a few left can sometimes trigger a special. But the margins are tight in the industry and financing the next shipment means that you just can't let that margin slide. It's like any other investment. You invest in a trailer or two, cross your fingers for 30 days, then try to sell the product at a margin that keeps the lights on, finances R&D, pays a salary or two along with the other payroll costs, feed the family, and still hang on to enough to finance the next shipment. If you are not disciplined, and if you don't watch every dime, or if your sales timeline starts to extend to the point where inventory sits around and starts to cost you money (inventory tax and warehouse space), it can all fall apart pretty quickly.

I was actually involved in the leg work of an end to end prototype project for a known RC brand here in FL and learned a lot, and spoke to a few of the known players in Asia. It was interesting, to say the least. I learned enough to know that I'm happy to just buy a good ARF from a good company every few months and appreciate the effort they put into it. It's a tough gig.

Last edited by a moderator:

hone

150cc
Finally ready to start working on mine again. Got everything but servos and ignition kill.
Should finish hinging today and I may install the engine and cowl if I have time.
uploadfromtaptalk1407791585512.jpg