• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 76/83" MXS

With my electric it climbs in almost any tumble. You should have similar power with your setup.

It does more rotations in a pop top than the 78 does, but still not 104 silliness.

AKfreak

150cc
Since my weight is going to be right at the 14 lb range, I decided to install the landing gear cuffs. And since I had already installed the fuel vent, I had to make a minor change the cuffs.
14998661104_e5e6d8d110_b.jpg

15595729296_1a2f35e086_b.jpg

Here is a tip for you. If you ever want to bend the aluminum fuel line that is used to build gas tanks, slip a piece of solder through the line, and you can bend it in just about any shape you like without kinking the line.

15619424895_6db964628f_b.jpg

Here you can see why I have to notch the cuff. Not a big deal, but an added step.

AKfreak

150cc
I made it from the aluminum tubing that comes with those Turdish Gas tanks, LOL. Like I said to bend it without kinking, slips a piece of solder through it, bend it and slip out the solder.

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
I made it from the aluminum tubing that comes with those Turdish Gas tanks, LOL. Like I said to bend it without kinking, slips a piece of solder through it, bend it and slip out the solder.

Cool... I've got a crap-ton of those tanks... Thanks for the idea :)

AKfreak

150cc
Tom I really like that vent line. I think I'll copy it on my next build.
It's the cleanest, lightest way I could think of that creates a situation where vacuum can't take place on the vent line. I drilled a hole next to two formers, and used thin CA to soak up into the balsa sheeting. Then I slipped the tube through and hit it with a trough of hot glue and wiped off the excess. It's sturdy, and a fuel line fits it tight because this was its intended purpose, but inside the tank.

AKfreak

150cc
Elevator servos dialed in, Wow the throws are insane. I might have it move down a hole or two on the servo arm to gain better resolution. At 100% travel! the elevator deflects 86-88 degrees. EXP is right, that is an insane amout of control surface throw.

[video=youtube_share;cSH5aA4pkSk]http://youtu.be/cSH5aA4pkSk[/video]