• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 76/83" MXS

AKfreak

150cc
Yeah, Ill fix it. I just need to find the correct covering color. Also its on the bottom. No one but you guys will know its there.
Just messing with paper, But what do you think of this? It would look like my 64" MXS kinda.

15630362742_04de5a98b3_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I will have to go look at my rolls but I think it is midnight blue, true red, and white. The Blue is the only one I am not 100% on.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Yeah, Ill fix it. I just need to find the correct covering color. Also its on the bottom. No one but you guys will know its there.
Just messing with paper, But what do you think of this? It would look like my 64" MXS kinda.

So I loved the look of checkers on planes until I got my MXS. Then I found at least for my eyes the pattern just blended in. I actually removed the checkers on my MXS and replaced them with stripes. I added stripes to the stab as well. Much easier to see.

gyro

GSN Contributor
So I loved the look of checkers on planes until I got my MXS. Then I found at least for my eyes the pattern just blended in. I actually removed the checkers on my MXS and replaced them with stripes. I added stripes to the stab as well. Much easier to see.

did the same thing to mine, but it was simply because I didn't like the strips AND checkers... felt they looked silly... 1 consistent pattern is plenty for my OCD.

IMG_2110.JPG

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
How do you pull, the checkers? I am not a fan either.

So I slide ever so slightly under a corner a single edge blade just enough to grab with a tweezer and pulled back some. O also used a monokote heat gun but some experimenting with heat is in order. Just a little makes it come right off, too much heat and the covering color separates from the adhesive side. I started plucking the corner edge with my nail but it ends up putting a slight wrinkle from being stretched down. One word of warning, where the white ends on the ailerons you need to ever so gently take an xacto and make a trim line to cut because the white runs under the top color. It's not hard just tedious but the reward is great.

Here is the result on mine. I also added one strip on each stab as well.

Attachments

• IMG_3176.JPG
    IMG_3176.JPG
    291.7 KB · Views: 246

AKfreak

150cc
So I slide ever so slightly under a corner a single edge blade just enough to grab with a tweezer and pulled back some. O also used a monokote heat gun but some experimenting with heat is in order. Just a little makes it come right off, too much heat and the covering color separates from the adhesive side. I started plucking the corner edge with my nail but it ends up putting a slight wrinkle from being stretched down. One word of warning, where the white ends on the ailerons you need to ever so gently take an xacto and make a trim line to cut because the white runs under the top color. It's not hard just tedious but the reward is great.

Here is the result on mine. I also added one strip on each stab as well.

I wish we lived closer so I could get schooled. Was there any glue residue from the checkers? If so, what do I need to remove it? I like the stripes, but I lice the long rectangle checker look from the bigger EF, and a Hangar 9 35% extra. I have lots of work ahead so it seems. ;?

Also do I need to open the bottom of my fuse, I am not using a can muffler.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
There was no residue of adhesive other than the first that I heated too much, then a clean rag with lacquer thinner cleaned right off.