• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 76/83" MXS

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I will be at BWG event, look me up I will be at the Extreme Flight tent all weekend and bring Gary Seeloff with you.
Jeff

Jeff mine won't ship till Monday and I will be in Asia then for two weeks. Will you please check on the spinner size and report back? I was hoping EF would have the manual listed online but they do not.

hone

150cc
Oooh I hope mine ships today. Not in a hurry but im excited to see the plane. I won't be able to build mine until I get back from Washington for Huckfest and monsterfest. I'm going to pick up everything I need from Azhar while I'm up there to save on shipping. So it'll probably be 3 weeks before mine sees the air.
I'm looking forward to getting a new plane though. It's been a while since I've opened a box of fresh balsa :)

Last edited by a moderator:

hone

150cc
Mine will be here monday. Got my jtec pitts for the da35 but like I said it'll be a few weeks before the build. Super excited though since I've been waiting a looong time for this plane to come out.

Mine should get here tomorrow. I will probably get a few things started as I will have to check standoff length and see what I need to order to finish it. Not sure on servos. I wanted to do Hitec brushless 9475SHs, but they are not in stock anywhere yet. I have a few 7954s that are coming out of a plane I am selling and a BLS-172. I could rob them from other planes, just a matter of where. I have everything for the power system, 5335, 3 sets of bats, either the Gecko 150HV or the Hobbywing. I was debating whether to run a BEC pro, or do a powersafe with 2 seperate batteries. Either way I am reusing a Emcotec switch for the main packs. I was looking through the manual and I saw the same splines aft elevator servo setup that destroyed my first 78. I might have to get a few H9 turnbuckles again to get forward splines to work.

On the bling side I got a 3" and 4" EF spinner to see which one looks correct and work with the props. I was eyeing up the new Falcon electric spinners though.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Mine arrives Friday but I am still in Asia for another week. I am really glad I bought the Savox 1270's now with the 300 oz recommendation. I ordered a 3" carbon Ultimate spinner from Redwing

I am sticking to the 7954/7955 class servos for this plane. The 9475 is a little less torque on the specs, but with the new constant torque I am betting they will work.

I have the 2270s in my two 120cc planes so I know those 1270s will work very well.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I am sticking to the 7954/7955 class servos for this plane. The 9475 is a little less torque on the specs, but with the new constant torque I am betting they will work.

I have the 2270s in my two 120cc planes so I know those 1270s will work very well.

If you have them use them as they have a good track record but didn't I remember you doing some actual servo testing and the 7955's were way under spec? Maybe that was someone else.

They are in the low 300s consistently in testing by both me and ghoffman. I need to try a 7954, but I think they are the same servo with different gears (steel versus titanium)

Picked up a red ep version at BG yesterday. Plan on going with a 10s p160 setup (liberating the power system from a scale plane I no longer fly)

Hoping to build it this week and have it at House mountain FLI :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406515087.163263.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1406515097.541845.jpg