• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 76/83" MXS

Look at the size of that elevator. I hope that is enough for this pitch authority junky.

I think I finally got a servo solution figured out. I am getting some 2231s to replace my 110 yak elevator servos, and that coupled with the sale of my Bigfoot will free up 4 HS7954s. My spare giant scale servo is a BLS-172, so that will go on the rudder and I happen to have a nice 4.5" rudder arm for Futaba (with a 4" position). After some arm swapping in the fleet I should be good to go there. I will have to replace half the ball links with 4-40s as most of my arms are tapped for that, but that is SOP for me it seems.

I still want to try the 9475SHs on this plane, but depending on timing they may end up in a AJ Laser instead.

Some pre fitting shots, plan on starting the build tomm after work.
Noticed some things I did not expect and really like already.
IMG_2050.JPGIMG_2052.JPGIMG_2053.JPGIMG_2054.JPG
two hatch locks (one on each side) instead of just one on the top
IMG_2055.JPGIMG_2056.JPG
Vent hole in the fuse is pre cut
IMG_2057.JPGIMG_2060.JPG
Metal anti-rotation pins instead of wooden dowles
IMG_2059.JPG

Removable stabs were also a surprise for me, usually dont expect those on anything smaller than 50cc
Wing and Stab Bags included as well as a Canopy cover.

So far Im pretty impressed with the kit, cant wait to get in the shop and start glueing :)

ryan_m

100cc
Got my yellow gas version one in on thursday of last week. Some of this info is cross posted to rcgroups, so for those of you that post over there also, sorry for the duplicate! But for those that don't, here are some pics and info from my kit. First I'll start off with some basic weights:

Note my scale only goes to about 5 gram increments, so some of the tiny parts may be off slightly. Also, worthy of note, this is for the gas version, yellow/blue scheme.

Fuse 1475 grams with canopy/mount screws. Canopy is not quick release like the 78. Fuse by itself (no canopy/mount screws) is 1250 grams.
Cowl 220 grams
Canopy 225 grams
R Wing 400 grams
L Wing 410 grams
Wing Tube 100 grams
Stab Tube 5-10 grams. (probably about 8 grams, my scale bounced between 5 and 10 though)
Rudder including hinge pins - 85 grams
L Stab 95 grams. includes elevator and hinges.
R Stab 100 grams. includes elevator and hinges
Land Gear (carbon) 110 grams
LG Fairings 25 grams (still in bag, includes neoprene edging)
Wheel Pants x2 80 grams for both
SFG/Shims (shims in hardware pack, this is just the SFG's) 70 grams
Wheels 40 grams
Tail Wheel 3-4 grams. Wouldn't register on scale. Guessing here.
Hardware Pack 245 grams, and this includes the mount templates for the gas motors and a plywood throttle servo mount. Wheels removed from hardware pack and weighed separate.
Racing wing tips 60 grams.

And I'll follow up with some pics of the inside of the fuse:
fuse_front.jpgfuse_rear.jpgfuse_top.jpgfuse_top_rear2.jpgside.jpg

I've got all the surfaces hinged and attached, control horns installed, and landing gear installed. Next up, servos!
My build will be a DA-35, jtec pitts (for now, maybe pipe later), HS-7955's on ailerons/rudder, HS-7945TH on elevator, 2s lipo for power, Tech-aero IBEC, spektrum powersafe RX.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Awesome stuff, thanks for posting Ryan. I know you've wanted this plane for a LONG time!

ryan_m

100cc
I like the way the wheel pants mount. They don't pinch like in other EF models, where you tighten the axel bolt to clamp in on. Instead there is a blind nut, you get them set, mark the spot, drill with a 5/32" bit, press in the blind nut and mount the pant on the plane. Similar to the mod that Joe Smith uses on his planes, other than this doesn't have the hardwood block on the outside of the pant to capture the end of the axel. Nice upgrade from previous ones though.

On my 78, they were so flimsy, that I just deleted them and got some bigger wheels. We mostly fly on grass, so wheel pants all get beat up. Patrick called the shipping company and they should be delivered today.