• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

SnowDog

what size lipos are you using? how many of those can you charge before you have to recharge the deep cell? ill be charging 6s3300's usually 2-4 about every evening.

I have not kept very close track...usually at the field I get distracted from flying because I'm an instructor pilot so I'm helping others learn on a buddy box, or talking, or working on other (non-electric) planes...I've got a couple gasser planes right now.

So you want to charge 2-4 6s3300's each night...how many times, just once?

Your recharge time will vary based on how many recharges you do each night. If you are doing a great deal of recharging each day, you may want to go with a higher amp hour deep cycle battery.

wedoitall

ill charge the night before or at work in the mornings with my 24v PS hooked into 110. its at the field after work mostly that I would be using the deep cell. I have 6 lipos for my laser and I usually have to charge 2-4 lipos after those 6 are flown.

Luv3d

70cc twin V2
I think the answer is based on amp draw. What amp/hr battery is it? If you assume a 2C charge rate, that is 6.6a for each battery. 6S 3300 mah battery holds 83.16W (W=v*a ; 83.16W=25.2v*3.3a). You can only charge at 12v with the deep cycle, and assuming you use 50% of each pack's capacity- you need to restore ~41.6W. At 12v, and 2C, (12v*6.6a=79.2W), you will be able to charge a single battery in 32 minutes. If you parallel charge (like I do), 2 batteries at 2C would be 13.2a.

Look at what your amp draw want to charge with- based on the way you want to recharge batts. You can calculate capacity and time of sufficient voltage. To be happy with the battery, I would do the math above based on your supposed needs. Look at the RESERVE CAPACITY. Mine is 25a @ 175 min. From THIS info, you can derive your answer.

If this is confusing, post your desired charge rate, number of batts, and the deep cycle reserve capacity. I'll post the math for you.

Luv3d

70cc twin V2
I looked up the batt that was posted, but couldn't get much info on it. If you can find the reserve capacity, we can see how it might serve you.

If you are only charging 4 batts, you can use the math above to figure what you need.

I have 2 115 amp hour deep cycles I got from Costco. I know it will only do 4 to 5 6s 5300s on one battery. I run both of them in series these days for 6s and I have not exhausted them yet.

Hey you guys who are using the motrofly 4315 motor on the 60" extra did you fill the predrilled holes with epoxy or did you make yourself a new motor mount?