• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

Feral

Bloody oath mate I hear ya. Me pres flys everything and loves 3d he encourages me to fly harder I'm only learning the only stuff I can do is ke,hover,pop tops and working on ke spins slowly gettin more moves and loving the $&@; out of it trying.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Bloody oath mate I hear ya. Me pres flys everything and loves 3d he encourages me to fly harder I'm only learning the only stuff I can do is ke,hover,pop tops and working on ke spins slowly gettin more moves and loving the $&@; out of it trying.

We're about at the same point Feral. I'm pretty comfy with KE circuits and such, pop tops are my specialty. But like you said, the fun is just getting out there and flying!

Feral

Damn straight gazza I fly Saturday and Sunday every week I put 23 flights on me yak yesterday alone it hates ke but it's the best plane I've ever flown I managed to get 6 tourque rolls in a hover before wing rock kicked in and scared the bejesus out of me my funtana is built and waiting for servos so hopefully it goes well with a dle20 strapped in the front

gyro

GSN Contributor
Damn straight gazza I fly Saturday and Sunday every week I put 23 flights on me yak yesterday alone it hates ke but it's the best plane I've ever flown I managed to get 6 tourque rolls in a hover before wing rock kicked in and scared the bejesus out of me my funtana is built and waiting for servos so hopefully it goes well with a dle20 strapped in the front

Any chance you could fashion yourself some SFGs? I know they definitely help KE on Yaks.

Is the DLE 20 a new one?

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
We're about at the same point Feral. I'm pretty comfy with KE circuits and such, pop tops are my specialty. But like you said, the fun is just getting out there and flying!

I think he means 'flying the SNOT' out of it Gary!!

If you ain't busting stuff you ain't flying low enough I always tell the guys at the club.

Of course I don't mean the usual shaky hand landing that most of our members excel at. I always hear them complaining almost daily about how hard it is to tell the orientation of the plane. But these guys are soooooooo high up that I cannot even tell front from back most of the time. Then most landings almost either result in a crash or a nice smooth three pointer which gets a standing ovation from the peanut gallery on the hill!!!

They have an Australia day breakfast this weekend at my club with a nearest the mark landing competition. 3D flyers not allowed to enter!! lol.....

Bigroger

70cc twin V2

You got some KE mixing programmed in yet mate for the Yak?

They all need a bit of rudder to elevator and maybe even rudder to aileron as Yaks are notorious for coupling, but damn they make sweet flyers.

Can't wait for the ef 91" yak54.

I'm not sure if I'll go the 91" extra or the yak but as there's very few 91" Yak's with EXP surfaces around it might be that one when it comes out.

Feral

Dle is a new one I have the sfg's coming via slow boat from you blokes in the us but I don't think I could bring myself to do surgery on the yak I'm playing with c of g at the moment it's getting better locks into a hover nice just doesnt lock into ke properly. Rog I love the peanut gallery there funny especially when I cal final approach they have a double take at the plane and say "you know your inverted right" I play along with shoot I thought it looked strange then roll it over to three I cop bloody heli pilots off the blokes in the know it's great fun bending there brains a bit

gyro

GSN Contributor
No mixing mate trying to fly it without it. I'll set up a flight mode and program a bit in cheers

I think you find KE flight much more fun with the mixing programmed.
For your KE spins. How much elevator travel do you have?