• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

Feral

I think you and rog are right. Max throw on all surfaces in high rates i havnt put a gauge on it tho

gyro

GSN Contributor
I think you and rog are right. Max throw on all surfaces in high rates i havnt put a gauge on it tho

The reason I ask about throw, is that max through with the elevator glued right flush with the stab will be 20 degrees or so lower than if you built it with a small gap.
I've found KE spins easier to enter with plenty of down elevator.

Bigroger

70cc twin V2

I might have missed it, but what airframe is your Yak?

My suggestions for KE ease is get you CG right for level upright and inverted flight then mix with the radio for hands off KE flight.

If you find you need more then 10-15% rudder to elevator then something is not right.

I sold my Pilot 87" Sbach because something was out and my mix was 16% rudder to elevator and still had to fight it in one direction for KE. And that was at forward or neutral CG.

Gary is right about KE spins, need heaps of down elevator and gently experiment with how much rudder, aileron and throttle it needs to make it sweet.
Some planes don't like too much rudder, or throttle in KE spins and aileron is only to adjust the angle of the wings in relation to the ground.

Feral

Its a 74" EF I've left a bit of gap on all surfaces it looks like a peacock at full up elevator I'll mix it a bit and see how she goes c of g is post on for inverted

Santi8

70cc twin V2
Awesome work getting the bgky event together! Can't wait to attend both your ef and 3dhs events this season! Giddy-up

hone

150cc
I just wish i could make it all the way to KY.

I'll just have to organize a EF fly in of my own for the west coast guys :p